Windows 7 Windows Enterprise Won't Remember WiFi Networks

Trevor Gross

Hello everyone,

I am having a trouble on my work computer that they allow me to take home. Every time I go home or to another network, I need to reconnect to the WiFi network. I asked my department IT person about it and she had no clue what to do but it would take too long to find a solution with the corporate IT department, so here I am on my own. The network is on a domain, which is probably part of the problem. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! Thanks!

Which enterprise OS are you using? Is the OS in question on your laptop? Have you checked in your wifi settings for that particular connection to tell it to "connect automatically" when in range? Usually you do that in the properties for that connection.

connection.PNG

Which enterprise OS are you using? Is the OS in question on your laptop? Have you checked in your wifi settings for that particular connection to tell it to "connect automatically" when in range? Usually you do that in the properties for that connection.

View attachment 28918
It is on Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit with sp1, on my laptop. I had checked that and it is automatically checked every time I connect to the network, but the odd thing is it totally deletes that network from the "manage wireless networks" menu every time I reconnect to my work wireless. I think it might have something to do with policies they have set up for everyone in my company since I am one of the few that is allowed to take my laptop home.

Back