Windows 7 Windows Experiece Index- Disk data transfer

mrtom82

How can I improve my disk data transfer rate without bgetting new hardware? My score is 5.9, all of my other scores are 7 and up. I'm running a custom build pc with a Pentium i7 at 4.2ghz, 6gb Ram, Asus Rampage Extreme II motherboard and a ATI Raedon 1gb video card. All of my hard drives are 3gb/sec connected via SATA.

Have you tried checking the boxes shown in the screen shot..

I was told by someone that the 5.9 rating is the highest you can get without an SSD drive. I asked the question because I had changed drives and chipset drivers with no improvement.

I was told by someone that the 5.9 rating is the highest you can get without an SSD drive. I asked the question because I had changed drives and chipset drivers with no improvement.
That's probably true actually as even with RAID it's still 5.9 not that I really take any notice of these numbers anyway...

Not to start a thread about this subject again but your right Drew, having a low score doesn't auotmatically mean your system is slow...

My system runs incredibly smooth. My EI numbers are great. CPU 7.7, RAM 7.8, Graphics 7.5, Gaming Graphics 7.5, Hard disk 5.9. I don't really care to much about the numbers, I just want to get my pc as fine tuned as possible. And since it seems that the transfer rate is the lowest performer, I really just wanted to try and speed it up. I guess 5.9 is the best I can get. I'm not willing to sacrifce data loss by turning of the Windows cache for a little performance boost. Thanks for the input everyone!

My system runs incredibly smooth. My EI numbers are great. CPU 7.7, RAM 7.8, Graphics 7.5, Gaming Graphics 7.5, Hard disk 5.9. I don't really care to much about the numbers, I just want to get my pc as fine tuned as possible. And since it seems that the transfer rate is the lowest performer, I really just wanted to try and speed it up. I guess 5.9 is the best I can get. I'm not willing to sacrifce data loss by turning of the Windows cache for a little performance boost. Thanks for the input everyone!

No worries there Tom... Any other problems please post back...

Back
Top Bottom