Windows 10 Windows Hello not showing

So basically, I have used fingerprint to log into my Microsoft account on my laptop until today. I have disassembled my laptop today but everything else works fine. When I go to settings there is no option to enable Windows Hello like before (I don't have 3D camera but fingerprint was working). I think there were no drivers for it so I don't know what went wrong. Drivers are updated, also checked with HP Support Assistant.

Also, I downloaded Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver for Windows 8.1 and nothing changed.

Last edited:
Wait, just for clarification. It worked, you disassembled and reassembled laptop and now the fingerprint reader no longer works?

If I'm understanding correctly, and the reader no longer shows up in device manager there's a 99% chance you didn't plug it back in correctly, there's probably a ribbon cable that goes from the touchpad/fingerprint reader to the motherboard that's dislodged.

If I'm misunderstanding, let me know so I can advise otherwise :)

Wait, just for clarification. It worked, you disassembled and reassembled laptop and now the fingerprint reader no longer works?

If I'm understanding correctly, and the reader no longer shows up in device manager there's a 99% chance you didn't plug it back in correctly, there's probably a ribbon cable that goes from the touchpad/fingerprint reader to the motherboard that's dislodged.

If I'm misunderstanding, let me know so I can advise otherwise :)

Thank you for your answer :) I also think this is the problem but I don't have time to repair it now xD

So basically, I have used fingerprint to log into my Microsoft account on my laptop until today. I have disassembled my laptop today but everything else works fine. When I go to settings there is no option to enable Windows Hello like before (I don't have 3D camera but fingerprint was working). I think there were no drivers for it so I don't know what went wrong. Drivers are updated, also checked with HP Support Assistant.

Also, I downloaded Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver for Windows 8.1 and nothing changed.
Another issue might be that in Windows 10, I've heard that certain drivers and devices are no longer supported. They've apparently toughened up on the types of Fingerprint Sensors that can be used.

Another issue might be that in Windows 10, I've heard that certain drivers and devices are no longer supported. They've apparently toughened up on the types of Fingerprint Sensors that can be used.

Yeah, that's strange because in the morning everything was working fine. Only after reassembling it was gone, but you answer the part about settings - Windows Hello should display despite the condition of Fingerprint Sensor. Thank you for your answers, I won't do dissasembling anytime soon so that's how it is for now.

I CANT SETUP MY FINGER PRINT IN MY WINDOWS HELLO
IT SHOWING ADD FINGER PRINT BUT I CANT SELECT IT

I CANT SETUP MY FINGER PRINT IN MY WINDOWS HELLO
IT SHOWING ADD FINGER PRINT BUT I CANT SELECT IT

Do you have a fingerprint reader? If you have clean it with a piece of cloth and try again. Sometimes it doesn't read the fingerprint straight away so you have to be persistent.

Back
Top Bottom