Windows 8 Windows keeps switching back to desktop

scotty1105

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this but if its not then I am sorry.

Hi thanks for talking the time to help me, hopefully you can. I have been having this issue for some time now and it seems to be getting worse. Basically whenever I am am playing a game or watching a movie without notice windows interrupts and sends me back to the desktop screen. The game is minimized to the taskbar, if I am watching a movie it does the same thing, I am in full screen mode then without out warning it minimizes itself and I have to switch it back to full screen. This is the song and dance I do every few minutes or so and it makes playing games or watching movies very very frustrating. My first thought was maybe a app running in the back round yet I have found nothing that I think would cause that to happen. I make sure I close all back round apps that might cause a interruption to take place. Its not a update thing because all my automatic updates have been turned off or are set to notify me if there is one. I thought maybe it could be a temperature thing but all temps when gaming are all in the green. It always happens the same way though like clock work. I could be going along with no problems then about a half hour sometimes longer it starts and continues every couple minutes. I then either alt enter or click on the now minimized window in the taskbar. The game starts right up with no problems and this goes on till I end up rage quitting. I don't know if this could be a windows 8.1 thing maybe a setting that's incorrect, I never had any issues like this before with windows 7. This is a brand new laptop Hp Envy Touchsmart15 j173cl I don't know if that has any bearing on this problem.
I am very desperate for a solution so if you have any ideas please let me know thanks. If there are any other questions that I could answer then please don't hesitate to ask me.

Thanks again

Back