Windows 7 Windows Live and IE Explorer issues

makedamnsure

For some reason since I went from the States to Canada all my windows live applications and IE explorer can't connect...I have no idea what went wrong, It works fine on my Vista partition.. and Google Chrome works fine in 7. Also, my other computer with win7 on it works fine with these.. I'm considering just doing a complete reinstall (though I have to wait till my computer get's here which will be a couple weeks). If anyone has encountered it and knows a fix any help would be great :)

Ok, it appears I've fixed it. I uninstalled all the windows live stuff, and after a couple restarts it appears to be working again. installed live messenger and it works again as well. Thanks for reading anyway :)

I had the exact same problem and for a few days I fiddled with everything and managed to get it fixed but I can't remember how I did it. I believe one of things, if not the ONLY thing I did, was to reset the Internet Explorer Settings.
Go to:
Tools - Internet Options - Advanced - Reset & Restore Advanced Settings.

Have a try...good luck.

sounds simplistic but I had the same problem and found windows firewall and the firewall supplied with the ant-virus were both on and caused the problem with live and explorer. check action centre?

It was allowed in the firewall, and I tried resetting the IE explorer settings, to no avail. I ended up reinstalling windows, that fixed 'er up. :p

I have a feeling it was to do with changing time zones (3 hour difference). The weird thing is my other laptop wasn't affected :confused: Oh well, it's fixed now.

I'm having the same problem but didn't switch any time zones. I've also tried both of the fixes. I turned off the firewall when I first installed and haven't installed virus software on yet (installed just a few days ago). Everything else manages to get internet fine except for IE8 and windows live messenger, starting to wonder if this isn't one of the IE8 bugs I've been hearing things about.

i got the same problem live messenger can't get online , internet explorer, weather gadget
i'm trying to find a solution but i just dunno what is causing it , everything was working great
but now for 2 hours those things stopped working , this is the 3rd time it happens
the past 2 i formatted , does any one knows why and how to solve it ?

firefox still works fine , internet works fine

got the same problem here... strange one as it seem to be all/only Microsoft products?

*resetting seems to solve the problem on my end...

Last edited:
Mine only happened when I switched time zones (causing me to set the time). It has worked great since I formatted, for the past couple weeks. Are you changing the time at all?

Mine only happened when I switched time zones (causing me to set the time). It has worked great since I formatted, for the past couple weeks. Are you changing the time at all?

i have formatted 5 times and each time has happened at different times
i haven't changed time nor anything special , in my laptop it seems to happen randomly
my wife's laptop has the same programs i have in mine , has the same settings i did to mine
and hers still works fine, instead in mine nothing related to microsoft can get online

Back