Windows 7 windows live mail 2009

Jimbo22

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
I just updated my windows live mail, now I have windows live mail 2009. It is totally changed but in a good way. Has any body else have this upgrade. In the old version there was a tab/button that one could click on to force send/receive mail. That option is gone in this version. Any body have any ideas as to what's going on. Thanks.

I get my Microsoft updates via the update service. Until I read your post I was not even aware that there was an update to Windows LIve mail!
It certainly had not been offered through the normal update process.
However, I downloaded it from the MS pages and installed it. Yes. You are correct. It has gone!. A small detail. But have you tried sending new mail? I did and it just vanished. I sent it, of course, to one of my other addresses on my computer. IT did not appear, nor did it go into the sent items box.
I then browsed around and found quite a few other complaints on the web.
I have uninstalled and gone back to 2008. Thank you Microsoft.

Hmm...thanks for the heads up. I think I'll avoid the update..

Happy New Year !! I don't know why they don't offer "Windows Mail Updates" through the system, but they don't, never have. It's a hassle because everything has to be re-installed. Mail does not always move like it should. So David doesn't have a problem ? The Windows mail team has been doing a lot of updating on my mail box lately. Not a 14 version yet. The other day my mailbox would not recognize my password (Positive it Was Correct) Seems Hunky Dory with new password- for the moment. Internet Explorer flashed a positive for a worm- at one site. All tests, so far, are negative since then. Here's a post on "Why Windows Removed the Tool bar Button Icon in the new Windows Live Mail" Link Removed - Invalid URL. I believe this article has to be looked up by hand on the Internet, won't link.

I thought I'd give the new live mail a go just to see what it was like for myself.
It seems that 'Send and Receive' is now called 'Sync' but you won't find the 'Sync' button on the toolbar. You have to put it there yourself using the list given when you click 'customise Toolbar'. 'Send' is still found on new e-mail toolbars so thats a bit more straight forward. The GUI has been given a new paint scheme too with some rather sickly pastels as well as certain areas tidied up in the graphical dept'..
Anyhow I did a screenshot showing the new 'Sync' button which is top left of the Toolbar...

Good one Kemical. After your success, I gave it another go. It said it was updating the features I had selected and the strange thing was that I did have the Sync button already on the toolbar. (together with all my previous settings. And yes, it does send and receive. I have checked the "Sent" problem again and it seems to be working now. So I think I'll stay with it.
Re. Celestra's post.
I am on the update liust and I have had several updates posted over the last couple of years, for " Live" , but for some reason, not this one. Maybe your should have a look here, there is no reason why you should no get the updates. Fwiw. The link worked OK here but couldnt see that post anywhere. Which toolbar button does it refer to.?

Windows Live Help
I,m not clear on the remainder of your post. I do not install all the facilities so maybe you are using something extra.

Glad it worked out for you....:) Apart from the paint scheme,which, frankly I think is awful, I like the new look and feel of live mail.

But you can change the paint scheme?? It has all the colours you wish. Or am I in the wrong area?
Click the litle paintbrush on the menu bar.

Yup, sorry Dave I should have said I dislike the 'pastel' shades and much prefer the old colour scheme ( I am a artist after all, mostly painting in watercolour but still....)

kemical...thanks for clarifying the sync button/tab up for me. I have now added it to my menu bar. I would have never figured that or guessed that answer.

Back
Top Bottom