Windows 7 Windows Live Mail??

WilliamP

Extraordinary Member
My wife's computer has Win.7 64 Bit and Win.Live Mail for E Mail. We are on ATT. DSL internet. The Live Mail will work for a while,then it won't connect. It says we put in the wrong password. I don't understand because nothing has been changed. I don't know how Windows Live Mail works. The account in LM is set up with the correct E Mail address and password. Why would it not send out the correct password?

There has been reported password issues regarding Yahoo servers: (ATT has to pass your credentials on to Yahoo.)
Link Removed - Invalid URL

There is no real solution on that page.

See if this post helps: (If you use the mail on your phone too)
...my new iPhone was causing the problem, due to the setting "push" being "on" and whenever the iPhone is awake, it keeps logging into my ATT/Yahoo mail account. Since POP servers do not like 2 simultaneous users for one account, my PC got the error. I leave my iPhone on all the time, on its charger.

Well, I'm here to report that all I did was turn off "push" on the iPhone, and the problem has totally vanished! All I have to do now is "refresh" on the iPhone and my emails pop up.

This morning it works fine. It must be the servers. I tried all afternoon and couldn't get it to work.

Back