Windows 7 Windows Live Messenger error

1morebogen

Well I got the error: msnmsgr.exe - No Disk.... If I puta disk in drive D, it forks fine. I can use music, game or what ewer then it works. Strange!!!

MSN-1.png

Please help

Last edited:
This is very strange indeed.. but to accurately provide assistance we're going to need a little bit more information than that.. ;) Did this just start happening? If so was it maybe after a driver installation or a different app installation? Also, have you tried uninstalling WLM and reinstalling it yet? Which version of WLM are you using? It also wouldn't hurt to post your rig's specs..

This is very strange indeed.. but to accurately provide assistance we're going to need a little bit more information than that.. ;) Did this just start happening? If so was it maybe after a driver installation or a different app installation? Also, have you tried uninstalling WLM and reinstalling it yet? Which version of WLM are you using? It also wouldn't hurt to post your rig's specs..

It just happening on the 2 day dont under stand whay. No I did not try a new install of WLM.

Specs: :razz:

You should try uninstalling WLM and then reinstalling it and see if that works, if not then report back and we'll try something else. ;)

Solved

Just took a repair in "Ununstall or change a program" (Contol Panel)

Works flaless now :)

Thanks for al the help.

Nooo Its back. WLM was running with oute a problem, and then PING. I got the same message "No Disk"

Last edited:
mine is doing this aswell. it started when the screensaver came on
and every time the screensaver comes on it does it again so I donno whats broken but I believe that is the problem.

I have the exact same issue. Happens after screen saver kicks in. Sent the info off to MS already.

Not sure what version you are running, but I downloaded mine from here.. Installed and has been perfect ever since.. No problems at all.. Great new program, looks and works flawlessly for me.. So many options to play with..

Messenger - Windows Live

Here is a nice link to the installation ( graphic tutorial ) for WLM live services.. Make sure you are looking at the right one. Just thought I would throw this up here in case anyone likes pictures instead of words..

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Damn...this just started happening to me now....wierd...I have not installed or changed anything in days...

Few questions for everyone.

Are you using the 32 or 64bit version of win7 ?

When you installed, did you select everything, or only some of the options ?

I am using 64bit, and when i reinstalled with everything selected, including the movie maker beta, I have had no issues.

Few questions for everyone.

Are you using the 32 or 64bit version of win7 ?

When you installed, did you select everything, or only some of the options ?

I am using 64bit, and when i reinstalled with everything selected, including the movie maker beta, I have had no issues.

I am using 32bit, but did only install messenger as that is all I am interested in at this time. May I will install it all and see what happens. PITA to have to keep a disk in the cd rom drive all the time. Question is...why did it take this long to start happening...

So it is happening on 32, and 64.

When it happened to me, it started 2 days after i installed it, and I had also only installed messenger. So that is 2 people with the problem, when they only installed messenger.

Anyone having this problem if they had installed all of "live essentials" ?

So it is happening on 32, and 64.

When it happened to me, it started 2 days after i installed it, and I had also only installed messenger. So that is 2 people with the problem, when they only installed messenger.

Anyone having this problem if they had installed all of "live essentials" ?

Well, I went ahead and installed the "whole" package and it seems to have taken care of whatever was causing that to happen.

i get another problem, this is the third time
everything is working fine then all of a sudden
windows live messenger can't get online , internet explorer doesn't work either
weather gadget can't connect to the internet either, right now since the problem started it's been 2 hours
since can't get online

the past two times it happened i end up formatting

firefox works fine , i can surf the net normal so is not an internet problem

any one knows why and how to solve it ?

i thought was antivirus problem , uninstalled but still have the problem
also thought could be ccleaner, tune up utilities but this last time i didn't install them and still got the
connectivity problem

after i posted here i formated
everything started working fine
after a couple of minutes again internet xplorer couldn't get online
nor anything from windows , i hadn't installed much
only firefox, vlc, nod32

i had no messenger nor anything and got the problem again
so i formated again and here i am now installing everything again
n trying to find out why my internet explorer n gadgets can't connect to the internet

right now i still able to use internet explorer but let's see for how long

any one knows why it happens ?

after i posted here i formated
everything started working fine
after a couple of minutes again internet xplorer couldn't get online
nor anything from windows , i hadn't installed much
only firefox, vlc, nod32

i had no messenger nor anything and got the problem again
so i formated again and here i am now installing everything again
n trying to find out why my internet explorer n gadgets can't connect to the internet

right now i still able to use internet explorer but let's see for how long

any one knows why it happens ?

now 15 minutes later internet explorer already stopped working
i have no idea why it happened the only thing i installed was firefox

i tried restarting n trying to troubleshoot but it stills broken
i guess i will have to keep it like that meanwhile

it's been less than 1 hour since i last formatted

i will continue installing n try to fix it the next days
i'm tired of formatting

any one has a solution ???

I have had the same issue with Windows Live Messenger it seem's to happen when i have had a cd or dvd in the drive and removed it while using the messenger application. Otherwise when there has been no cd or dvd in the drive while using the messenger application there have been no error's. However this error is wierd messenger shouldnt have anything to do with cd or dvd drives, could it be possible that it may be due to show what i am listening to in media player wether or not you are listening to a music cd ?

Back