Windows Vista Windows Media Player 11 problem

Koala

I have a problem in that I plugged in my MP3 player into my PC and Windows Media Player 11 won't recognize it anymore. I have used this player many times but its as though it (the MP3 player) doesn't exist now.
I can see it under "my computer" and I can drag and drop files to it successfully but I can't put music on via the sync button on WMP 11. It is simply as though it has ceased to exist. I have even tried with a second MP3 player which I had used previously and it cant see that one either. I like WMP 11 and dont really want to install another player but this thing is driving me nuts. ( I hate mysteries!!) It is probably something simple but I cant find it. Can someone help me please?
By the way the burn function in WMP 11 seems to be working ok as do all other features. _Thanks

Havent done that yet but it seems unusual that I've had no problems until now. Will have a look at that

Havent done that yet but it seems unusual that I've had no problems until now. Will have a look at that

I just found a broken codec in my WMP 11. Videos play but no sound. I'm guessing a "Windows Update" broke the codec, not sure. Replaced Codec with K-Lite Codec Package and back to normal.

Back