Windows 7 Windows Media Player 12

That feature has been takin out of WMP 12 unfortunately and replaced with the very streamlined controls in the taskbar preview window.. ;) I don't know of any way to get the old toolbar back.. It may be added to a later build but for now we're stuck with the controls in the taskbar preview window....

So we went from this:

View attachment 266

To this:

View attachment 267

Like I said, hopefully they'll include the old way in the RC.. but even if they don't I'm sure someone out there will figure out a crack for it... ;)

BTW: How do you find WMP 12 is for stability? I find it's a HUGE improvement over WMP10 and 11! Although I still favor VLC Media Player for ALL my media needs.. :)

Well, i have no problems with wmp 12, it loads fast, it doesn't hang up PC even for a seconds. Hmm, for video i use VLC too. Before wmp 12 i used winamp, but wmp 12 is a liitle bit faster on my pc

I also use Winamp.. that's the only thing I use for music.. none of that iTunes crap for me.. hahaha I use VLC for ALL video needs and Winamp for ALL music needs.. :)

I also use Winamp.. that's the only thing I use for music.. none of that iTunes crap for me.. hahaha I use VLC for ALL video needs and Winamp for ALL music needs.. :)

Here's another one for VLC and winamp -- both do their respective jobs 100% and Winamp for ripping CD's to FLAC still works 100% in W7 -- no need to change anything just the "bog standard" install works.

Actually also for playing music VLC is also a pretty good Audio player too -- most codecs are catered for.

chers
jimbo

Using Windows Media Player 12, I just ripped four cd's into my computer's music file, and then burned the four onto
cd-r's for my cd player in my truck. It worked perfectly. So now if somebody breaks in and steals my cd's, they'll only get copies, as I keep the original cd's at home. (I have had this happen a few times) The cd-r's sound great !!

So Windows Media Player 12 passes my test.

:)

Using Windows Media Player 12, I just ripped four cd's into my computer's music file, and then burned the four onto
cd-r's for my cd player in my truck. It worked perfectly. So now if somebody breaks in and steals my cd's, they'll only get copies, as I keep the original cd's at home. (I have had this happen a few times) The cd-r's sound great !!

So Windows Media Player 12 passes my test.

:)

Same here, i've ripped about 25 father's cd's, Latvian and non-Latvian music, and have no problems with them.

Okay so I was nosing around Windows Media Player 12, and struck gold.....

I was in the screen where it has your files and libraries.... and found a little thing called "Media Guide," so I followed the link to a website called "WindowsMedia:com beta," on this website I saw an another link to "Gibson Lifestyles," which have a section called "Lessons," that have daily guitar lessons from Arlen Roth.

Hey it's free guitar lessons sponsored by Gibson Guitars !!!!! You can go directly there at this link.....

Gibson Guitar Lessons: Learn to Play The Guitar With Free Online Guitar Lessons and Guitar Playing Videos and Tabs

Or you can dig for gold in the Windows Media Player yourself and see what you find !!!

:D

This my be a little off-topic, but why is it that you can't change any file extensions for WMP in Default Programs?

The Only Microsoft app that allowed me to change associations was MS Paint, but even that wouldn't let me uncheck anything, only check extensions that I wanted to add.

Maybe because for the duration of the beta test, they want you to use WMP as your default player ??

I really don't know. It's an interesting thing though.

My music files will open up with other programs such as Adobe Audition 1.5....

Oh, when i go through "set your default programs", i can't change for wmp, but can for some other programs :frown::confused:, but through "associate a file type or protocol with a program" i can change whatever i want.

Back