Windows Vista Windows Media Player - Download License - Windows Media Services Plug-Ins

frankschechter1

Hi guys,
Using my desktop pc (Windows XP Professional), I copied songs from my cds to the computer thru Windows Media Player and then moved all the songs to my portable hard drive.
I connected my hard drive to my laptop (Vista Home Premium) and tried to play the files thru Windows Media Player. Unfortunately, WMP 11 did not play the file but opened a Mozilla Firefox window leading to a site that would ask me to download license.
Upon clicking the 'Download License' button, I encountered the error that said I had to install Windows Media Services plug-ins.
I searched for this plug-in and found out that it was associated with WMP 9 and not WMP 11 so I thought installation might cause conflicts or might create more errors. I'm not so good at computer and I don't even know which to install when WMP website gave me too many options and downloadables.
These make me so frustrated and I don't even know if I could still copy my songs from my hard drive to my laptop and play them.
Could someone please help me out? Please...

Back