Windows 7 Windows Messenger 2009(9.0)

Sonic

I like the new messenger quite a lot, but there is one thing that bothers me VERY MUCH. Why is messenger in the start menu like other opened windows?

Picture:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Help please?:redface:

I like the new messenger quite a lot, but there is one thing that bothers me VERY MUCH. Why is messenger in the start menu like other opened windows?

Picture:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Help please?:redface:

I really hate this bug too.. Makes using messenger annoying... darni

It might work when you change the properties of the Messenger executable (usually "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe") to Windows XP Compatibility mode..

It might work when you change the properties of the Messenger executable (usually "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe") to Windows XP Compatibility mode..

OMG! It reinstalled messenger and now it works! THANK YOU! darni

I found the problem few days ago, It actually is a glitch caused by Windows 7. You must just simpy set the compatibility to Windows Vista, restart messenger and "volla". It works like it should now.

The problem is, I dont think its a glitch! I actually think is somehow on purpose.

I guess the idea was to minimize the number of icons on the icontray and to show the status on the taskbar.

Unfortunately, Microsoft also tends to think that they know (after a gazzilion tests) how computers should be used.

I really hope this is fixed somehow in the future.

Back