Windows 10 Windows + Q shortcut stopped working.

iSpithash

The Windows + Q shortcut (Cortana pop-up search) suddenly stopped working.

Is there an Registry Edit or something to bring it back to life?

Thanks in advance.

Cortana is buggy but its prob just updating something... also the Windows + Q is search (not just cortana), so have you perhaps gone online and grabed some other 3rd party search tool as a new default?

Cortana is buggy but its prob just updating something... also the Windows + Q is search (not just cortana), so have you perhaps gone online and grabed some other 3rd party search tool as a new default?

No 3rd party software here.

I know there is the Three finger tap on touchpad to bring Cortana up but it doesn't work as well.
I changed from Cortana to something else and it's working. There is a problem with her...

• System language isn't surported,
  • Motherboard drivers are out dated (or Microsoft)?

System language isn't a problem. It was working perfectly. "Hey Cortana" still works and if i click on Cortana the search popup works fine.
Not sure about drivers. Maybe Windows installed something on it's own?

It's strange that it messed up my search Shortcuts though...

It's strange that it messed up my search Shortcuts though...
Welcome to WX... happens all the time :oops::rolleyes: but if you want to track it down you can go to our bsod posts ... follow the pinned "how to" and upload the report.
I'd assume the touchpad drivers first because thats a well known Microsoft fail but in the end, it could be lots of things and without details its a waist of time stressing about it.

Back