Windows 10 Windows Re-positioning Application

Taborious

I run 3x monitors. On the third monitor a small 7" which is actually inside my case I want to display a program that shows temps, fan speed, etc... Regardless, anytime the system goes to sleep, powers off OR something takes control of the video such as a game launch in fullscreen windows moves ALL open apps back to the main monitor. I cant use my second monitor to display anything because when I launch any full screen game all apps are relocated and useless from that point.

How do I get window to stop moving any app window around for any reason? If I put it somewhere that's where i want it to stay even if I disconnect the monitor. I know there may be thrid party applications that can "remember" locations and hot key UI configs but, Im looking for windows to simply stop moving things

window10
1080ti
asus maximus IX

all drivers are up to date

For the most part applications should stay where they are provided all the monitors stay on. If that configuration changes for some reason is when applications will move. It's quite possible that one of the monitors isn't being detected correctly after sleep. This happens to one of my monitors occasionally at which point applications will shift to a running screen

Its not just with sleep. All monitors work fine. However, if I start a game, anything that takes full control of video windows moves everything

Back