Windows 7 Windows update issue

john92210

Win 7 64 bit. When I put the computer to sleep Windows wants to shutdown to load the Office 2007 updates. I let Windows do this a few times, but the message continues to appear for the same set of updates every time I want to use sleep. The update history shows the updates have been installed.

Are you manually putting the computer to sleep or letting it happen at the desired set time? It could be that the Office program itself is corrupted, you have 2 options. 1st, load the Office dvd and click repair. 2nd, uninstall and reinstall office.

Personally I don't use sleep/hybernate as it tends to create issues...but that's just me.

Win 7 64 bit. When I put the computer to sleep Windows wants to shutdown to load the Office 2007 updates. I let Windows do this a few times, but the message continues to appear for the same set of updates every time I want to use sleep. The update history shows the updates have been installed.

You are not the only one.
This apparently is an issue affecting countless numbers of users, me including, of course.
Apparently MS is aware of the glitch. They are, supposedly, working on it.
Meanwhile, just ' hide" them if they appear again and want to be installed. That was what I did.
If you don't know how to hide an update so that it won't appear again, please post back.

Image%202.png

Image%201.png

Back
Top Bottom