Windows 7 Windows Update Issue

kirkie

For some strange reason the below items will not install on my computer from the Windows Update:

Update for Microsoft OneNote 2010 KB2553290 (32 Bit-Edition)

Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2510690) 32-bit Edition

Anyone else having this problem or know how to resolve it?

Cheers

Hard to tell without seeing a log, but in some cases updates have to wait on other updates, or on all of the update to be downloaded.

You might check this Microsoft site and make sure you have the other updates mentioned already installed. Use the "View Installed Updates" (which you can type into the start menu search box) window because it divides the updates by what they are for.

Hard to tell without seeing a log, but in some cases updates have to wait on other updates, or on all of the update to be downloaded.

You might check this Microsoft site and make sure you have the other updates mentioned already installed. Use the "View Installed Updates" (which you can type into the start menu search box) window because it divides the updates by what they are for.

I will give it a go.

I have tried it and they are all installed already, however the main one just hangs again and doesn't install.

I also get an Interactive Services Message stating something to do with Printers...

Try undoing your printer during install & try grabbing it but, not from Windows Update. See if you can get it directly, manually from Silverlight

Last edited:
Try undoing your printer during install & try grabbing it but, not from Windows Update. See if you can get it directly, manually from Silverlight

Sorry, but that went right over my head, but come to think of it I get a message saying Silverlight is closing due to an error.

If the updates are showing as "Failed" in the Windows Update dialog, you can right click on them and get more info. Maybe some type of error message would help.

If nothing else, go to the Windows folder and look for WindowsUpdate.log. Right click it and select send to compresses (zip) folder then attach using the paperclip.

Any error or warning messages in the Event Viewer?

Update for Microsoft OneNote 2010 (KB2553290) 32-Bit Edition

Installation date: ‎20/‎11/‎2011 12:18 AM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 800706BE

Update type: Important

Microsoft has released an update for Microsoft OneNote 2010 32-Bit Edition. This update provides the latest fixes to Microsoft OneNote 2010 32-Bit Edition. Additionally, this update contains stability and performance improvements.

More information:
Description of the OneNote 2010 update: November 8, 2011

Help and Support:
Microsoft Support

Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2510690) 32-bit Edition

Installation date: ‎13/‎11/‎2011 4:16 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 800706BE

Update type: Important

Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2510690) 32-bit Edition contains new updates which improve security, performance, and stability. Additionally, the SP is a roll-up of all previously released updates.

More information:
List of all Office 2010 SP1 packages

Help and Support:
Microsoft Support

"Sorry, but that went right over my head, but come to think of it I get a message saying Silverlight is closing due to an error.

• Check Windows Update for any updates for Silverlight. Silverlight is the MS Download site.

The error 800706BE seems to mean
RPC_S_CALL_FAILED
Drew seems to be concentrating on Silverlight and if that is a problem, you could uninstall it for testing.

The RPC situation may be involved with Silverlight so perhaps we should look at that. I am not an expert on such things, but I would check Task Manager to make sure the Remote Procedure Call service (RpcSs) is running. Also check the RPCEptMapper (RPC Endpoint Mapper). The RPC Locator does not seem to be running on my system, but you might check it.

Since your Spooler Service has also been mentioned, check that service also. All of these things may have a common source for the errors.

Check your logs for the error and see if they give any more info.

That is the way my system shows, with the RPCEptMapper also running.

Well, I am down to checking the log files, and even they may not help. You have done a complete shutdown recently?

Maybe the print Spooler is causing a problem, or you had printed something in office and it is messed up. But all I can do is guess....

There is an option to repair an Office Install in the Programs and Features panel. If you select change and repair, maybe it would correct some problem.

We had someone the other day that was using a Google sync app that seemed to mess up his Office (Outlook) Install. Are you using anything like that?

Back
Top Bottom