Windows 8 Windows Update Problems

lilshreck

Hi,

This explanation is pretty long, so get comfortable.

Before the error I had Windows 8.1. After installing a conversion skin wrong(getting a version for Windows 8 instead of Windows 8.1), I was forced to refresh my computer. It was downgraded back to Windows 8. Afterwards, i went to Windows Update and installed updates for my computer(there was around 100). When it was finished I restarted my computer.

Afterwards, it boots into Automatic Repair. Trying to boot into Windows normally freezes on the ASUS logo.

So I refreshed my computer again and did some tests. I tried a number of things, such as doing one at a time or a few at a time, which all ended at the Automatic Repair.

On the infiniteth refresh, I downloaded the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

It said it resolved 3 problems:
-Windows Update error 0x80070003(current time stamp)
-Service registration is missing or corrupt
-Problems installing recent updates (half the time says Not Fixed)

But nothing seems to be fixed, and the same errors return whenever the troubleshooter is ran.

Looking into it, I found that my version of Windows Update Agent(7.8.9200.16465) did not match the version of the most updated (7.8.9200.16693). I did a google search and found no easy way to re download.

Afterwards I did a full system reset, which did not make a difference. But trying to boot into Safe Mode gave me "failed to configure updates. Reverting Changes". It seemed to be frozen, so I force shut down the computer.

And this is where I'm at now. Is there anything that I can do to fix this?

Computer Specs:
ASUS
Windows 8
Intel Core i7-4500 CPU @ 1.80 GHz
7.89 GB Usable RAM
64-bit OS and Processer

Connected Items during Updates:
HDMI cable
Ethernet Cable
Charger Cord

Sent from my iPod touch using WindowsForum

Last edited: