Windows 7 Windows Update stopped working

spider

80070002 error code.

There is a good workaround described in troubleshooting that error code, but it does not solve the problem.

There is also a good page at Microsoft with instructions on working around the problems, but those instructions do not solve the problem.

I searched here and found no references to "windows update" or "update." That surprised me; maybe I should have tried advanced search.

Anyway, I'm wondering if any others with W7 build 7000 have encountered this issue and if so if they've resolved it.

Last edited:
I have not had this issue before with my windows update on windows 7. Have you tried the installer fix that also included windows update errors?

Have you tried the installer fix that also included windows update errors?

Don't know what you mean by "installer fix."

Anyway, the problem is likely a result of my using a script to rid the desktop of the watermark.

There is an undo procedure for that; I'll likely just run W7 as is for a while (planning on putting a linux distro on this particular hard drive anyway).

It's been nice seeing what the next Windows is all about. Time to move on I think.

Thanks for your input.

Hey, just wondering, what other prgrams did you install before you had an issue with Windows Update?
I found that a select few programs somehow cause the deletion of the Windows Update Service, and was wondering if this was the case for you.

That would be why. Microsoft always checks for valid operating systems during windows update. Sinc you broke the liscense agreement by removing the watermark. That would be why microsoft update keeps quiting on you.

Hey, just wondering, what other prgrams did you install before you had an issue with Windows Update?
I found that a select few programs somehow cause the deletion of the Windows Update Service, and was wondering if this was the case for you.

The only thing on here besides the watermark removal script are: CCcleaner, Glary Utilities and Auslogics Disc Deframenter.

Everything worked, including Windows Update, until I installed the watermark removal script. It is no mystery what borked Windows Update, now that I realise that. ;)

Well, I find that a bit peculiar, since I installed that same script, removed the watermark, and have no WU issues.

Kyle how do you know it was the same script. He said he just used a script to remove the watermark, which by the way is illegal, that doesnt mean he used the same script.

Back