Windows Vista Windows vista device manager

Lamborghini_69

HI, I have an AMD 64 6000+ dual core, X-FI Gaming card, 8800 GTS 640MB card, 2 gb RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate. Windows Vista Ultimate is giving' me so much trouble I get pi**** off. It crashes and comes up with a blue screen saying computer shutdown to prevent damage, this is whenever I launch any program. My memory is fine, I've done tests. Their seems to be a problem with the graphics, it looks fine and the drivers are ok and updated, but in device manager it says it has a problem with the media controller and media video controller. It also says the same for the sound device even though the driver is installed, I get no sound. If I don't put in my product key when installing Vista does it make programs and drivers not work? Their is no Windows Aero, it just not their for some stupid mysterious reason. My computer only has a rating of 1.9 because of the graphics, I've installed graphics drivers and have the 3rd best card out how can I have a rating of 1.9? I heard X-FI cards have some issues with vista. Does anyone else have problems with a GTS 8800 card with Vista Ultimate.

:confused::confused::mad::mad:

Still having problems I see...
How big is the PSU? That type of system is going to need at least 500W, If its not the PSU giving you problems then I would return the card. I run an 8800 ( in the index this gives a score of 5.9) although I run Vista Home Premuim but nowhere have I seen users having these problems with this type of card and that OS. One more option is to try the Nvidia forums, you may find an answer there. Oh by the way current Beta drivers are at 163.75. I actually use these and can testify that they work. I think the 'whql' drivers are still at 163.69 but are still a good set of drivers.

Regarding your product key, If you mean the key asked for on the initial install then Vista will not carry on with the install unless this is typed in. If you mean the 'activation' , this doesn't need to be done for 30days and all programs ect will work as Vista assumes your copy is legal.

The media stuff you mention usually relates to the sound card. I know they've recently released new drivers, maybe they need updating? Also when you get the blue screen try and get the ref' number that relates to the crash. Often just Googling the number can lead to answers to your prob'.

The only other thing I can suggest is make sure 'all' of your drivers are up to date, that means chipset, graphics and sound.

Problem Solved

Cheers, Thanks Heaps for d advice, Vist's working fine now.

It was actually the X-FI sound card device and, media video controller, it's a fixed now thanks m8

:cool::rolleyes::p:D

Thanks to Kemical

Note to other people: Always go to manufacturers website for Vista drivers!!!

Back