Windows Vista Windows Vista service pack 2

Great!! If you want to get rid of the watermark follow the instructions on the posts..

(he, he, I'm signed in using Windows 7, I'm currently running around finding drivers lol , a little difficult when a os is this new)

I'm on the lookout for a 'standalone version' so as soon as I source one I'll let you know.. :)

No problem in downloading it but, it sure is a slow one. Actually I see why it appears like it may be downloading and installing at the same time if thats even possible? Anyway I am up to 86% now an hope to be done sometime tonight.

I did not think it would ever come up but, it came up at 5 am. this morning with no problems. Wonder why it takes so long? And they are right about another thing, if you have all present updates you pretty much have it all. There is nothing in it that is earth shattering for sure.

Hmmm.....The version I got (113) is around 290MB.. Yours was 400!?

Lol.....ok I'm pretty sure mine said about 296MB but apparently all this is irrelevant as the 'full' beta has still to be released..

Maybe thats why mine took forever to get finished? Any place around that speaks about what the changes are or whats new? Cause there's nothing thats really eye catching.

davehc's earlier post has a link to whats included in SP2 which is mostly 'under the hood'...

Thanks I will read that. What is up with rebooting? When I reboot it says something about configuring updates and takes forever to reboot. Where is it continuing to get updates when there are none? Thats the only problem I have at the moment. Except for a minor one of an error whenever I try using Windows update.

I think it's another little irritant sent down from Microsoft. Depending on how you have your updates configured. If you are on auto, then at some stage the computer will tell you to reboot after it has downloaded the updates. <ditto on "Notify me but don't download. For some reason only known to the extra terrestrials in Seattle, it seems that 1. It cannot update on the fly and 2. It needs a reboot, in order to unhook whatever items it is updating. Fine. But I cannot understand why it takes so much longer than anything else on my computer to update something as simple as a 256kb security fix. And what's with that "Windows is preparing to update your computer". Preparing what.

Thank you davehc! Exactly what I am talking about. God I hope they get rid of that before release date or we are all in a world of trouble. No one is going to wait that long for nothing (apparently anway) to get done!!!!

I have installed to my Toshiba Laptop SP2 and no longer my system is activated and number is not valid.
How can fix it or how can remove SP2

Hi Dyrer,
You can unistall the service pack via the control panel and uninstall programs. If you look on the left-hand side you'll see 'view installed updates', click that. I've included a screenshot so as to show you where. The update is numbered KB948465.
You may find that when your told that your vista install is invalid that your given a number or options to phone MS. I would do so as your obviously not using pirate software...are you?

While it gives some points it kind of lacks on what they intend it to be when it's finished. But, I gather it will not use less memory nor will be as fast as Windows 7. So I guess I have to be prepared to buy Windows 7. I suppose that makes sense from somebodys point of view, not mine though.

Back