Windows Vista Windows Vista service pack 2

You mean ah Vista Service Pack 2. I have and while it's probably got something thats needed under the hood, you might have a hard time convincing someone they had to have it. I can't exactly say I was expecting something earth shattering but, then again that might not have been a bad idea right?

Lol..I actually meant windows 7 but now you mention it, your right that SP2 doesn't seem to bring much but as you also say, a lot of it is 'under the hood', Vista seems to run smoother but it's been like that for a while now..
Just to digress a moment, I've just started playing a new game called 'Dead Space'.
Man, it has some jumpy moments but I'm really enjoying it, check it out..
Link Removed - Invalid URL
But not late at night though.......

Yeah your right. I guess I wish that it were more but, thats not likely to ever be. Anyway I have it running again with service pack 2 though it's mostly just for the heck of it. Does it run smoother, maybe and maybe not. I just can't really say. I can hope that Windows 7 will be better but, I have a list of things which I wish would in Windows 7, that I know for a fact will never implemented in version of Windows. And I know, cause Microsoft is just a little to dumb to put them there.

Microsoft has released a Release Candidate (RC) of Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows Vista. The notable changes in Vista SP2 RC are detailed here. Note that this RC release incorporates both Vista SP2 and Windows 2008 SP2 in one package, and that it also says it's still a Beta when in reality the file is the RC version. The release date for the final version of SP2 has not been confirmed but it is due before the end of June 2009.

I get an error..says my system is not ready and says download system readiness tool to find out why.. and it's 95Mb :eek:

Hmm....mine installed without a hitch...

Maybe you best checkout the advisor?

Oh and this SP2 still leaves a watermark on the desktop although methods to remove it are near the start of this thread..

I'm not too sure about SP2 anyways....

Since installing it I've had quite a few 'weird' events like lock-ups and hard shut downs. It seems now Crysis will have to be re-installed....
I thought service packs were supposed to make the os better not worse although I haven't installed this from a fresh install and so that may be the key?

I'm not too sure about SP2 anyways....

Since installing it I've had quite a few 'weird' events like lock-ups and hard shut downs. It seems now Crysis will have to be re-installed....
I thought service packs were supposed to make the os better not worse although I haven't installed this from a fresh install and so that may be the key?

Thanks for posting this..I think I'll skip it for now. ;)

Very wise.....

I'm just hoping that there's a different version out there but they all seem to be v.113 which doesn't bode well..

I'm sure I posted a thread with benchmark results using SP2 and they were not anything to write home about..

Lorenkjr, just read some of the earlier posts made by davehc and myself. You'll soon come to realise how fantastically unspectacular SP2 really is.....

So much so that I've now had to do a re-install without SP2, Fatboy can't even get it to load up and your waiting to hear about his outcome!!

Seriously though, I can't believe ms have created such an oddball.. Let's just hope it gets better..

I have decided to leave most ALL updates alone. It seems like EVERY time I start downloading updates my PC starts acting up..BSOD etc...
This week alone I have reinstalled Vista w/SP1 3 or 4 times and each time I download updates I start having issues...
quinkidink? maybe but I have downloaded very few this time like .NET 3.5 and Mail Junk K-mail and Defender updates but that's about it. And so far so good. ;)

Yeah your right. Remember when you and I were talking about the number of installs I could do with the Service Builders pack without calling Microsoft? Geesh, and all for what a couple of announced tweaks under the hood? Yeah I have had my share of reinstalls too. Certainly I wish it had more to it than it does but, Service Pack 2 is well not that great to say the least. Oh it has search 4.0? Gee, I did fine with the previous search and Blue Tooth 2.0 is it? I have yet to find a Blue Tooth device that I really need let alone one I really want. Seriously I like Vista as I can do more with it than I could with XP but, I am not seeing any real advantages as of yet to jump on the bandwagon with Windows 7 either.

Well I reinstalled mine AGAIN about 7 days ago :rolleyes: and this time I'm refusing to download ANY updates AT ALL and I think this has been the most stable my PC has ever been. No more updates for me until the official SP2 is released.

Well I could not agree more. Every time I try it, it works for a while and then goes haywire again. And the funny part is I don't see anywhere except for here (thank goodness) people complaining about it that much. Hope that things will get better and soon.

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 RTM and TechNet/MSDN

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 has been released to manufacturers and is now available for download by Microsoft TechNet and MSDN members.

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 and Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 for all editions (x86, x64, i64) - DVD (English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish)

Windows 7 Release Candidate was also issued to subscribers today.

Back