Windows won't boot. Error 0xc000000f

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by fulanodetal, Mar 15, 2009.

1. fulanodetal

fulanodetal New Member

Hi, I am currently dual booting windows 7 and ubuntu intrepid. Everything was working fine until I attempted to install the cisco VPN (vista version) the computer froze during the installation so i had to to a hard reboot. After rebooting I get an a message saying that the computer was not shut-down properly and I get 2 options, either Run window snormally or repair issues that are preventing windows form starting up. If i select the first one the computer restarts. If i select "repair" I get "Status: 0xc000000f Info: Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.".

I tried using the windows 7 cd and doing repair but it could not fix it, and no system restore point appear.

Remember I am dual booting. So I can access the windows partition through Ubuntu. IS there any way to do a hard-restore through Ubuntu ? Like does windows save backup registry somewhere ?

PS. After i tried installing the cisco vpn my internet would work right before the computer stopped responding( it said it was not detecting any networks). I am guessing that the cisco vpn messed up my ethernet drivers ?

If anyone has any solution to this please let me know. Thanks
    Alex

2. ickymay

ickymay New Member

ideally you need to boot into safe mode try use F8 key on boot then remove the drivers under safe mode ;)

3. fulanodetal

fulanodetal New Member

I tried pressing F8 right after selecting Windows from the GRUB(Linux bootloader) menu. It id not work, later today I am going to try to add safe mode to windows boot loader from Ubuntu (by modifying the boot.ini file). If i am successfull can anyone give me tips on what to do ? Does safe mode allow me to change the drives to the last working one ? I am also not sure if that is exactly what is wrong with my windows installation, can anyone think of any way that the Cisco VPN might have damaged something ?

Thanks,
    Alex

Can anyone tell me where does Windows 7 save the equivalent of a boot.ini file ?

#3 fulanodetal, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  4. Hoang Nguyen

Hoang Nguyen New Member

Hi there;
    So.... finally did you find a way to work the problem out?
    I'm having almost the same problem. My computer got into the same state when I attempted to create a ghost file of my system. Since I couldn't successfully create the ghost file, I cannot restore my computer.
    If you had found a way to overcome this problem, please let me know.
    Thank you.