Windows 7 Windows Won't Boot (Repeatedly!)

Okay, I got the new hard drive going and just now while watching a video on youtube it did the freezy thing again. I sat there for a minute staring in anger and then as a last ditch effort unplugged the usb receiver, per Kyle's suggestion. Then believe it or not everything pulled up instantly! Now, the computer is currently too far away for a wired keyboard but surely there's a fix for this?

Can't believe I went through all those reinstalls, surely causing pain to my perfectly working drive, to find out that it was the stupid receiver.. :mad::mad::mad:

Really?.... What about the driver for the reciever..Any updates?

Don't think so, all I found on their site were the drivers for the mouse and keyboard individually.

I got around the problem by using one of these:
USB-to-PS2-Adapter-21155568810.jpg

Can't believe I went through all those reinstalls, surely causing pain to my perfectly working drive, to find out that it was the stupid receiver.. :mad::mad::mad:

You gained valuable experience and probably have a much cleaner smoother system. Everytime something screws up I learn more.... I rather be ignorant though.

Often it is the smallest simplest of answers that throw us the most.

I do recognize that you often obtain great amounts of experience in troubleshooting, but when the problem is completely incomprehensible and illogical all you gain is lots of frustration.. :( Unless of course someone could explain to me how a wireless usb keyboard and mouse can cause a pretty decent computer to crash, and then boot into a blank screen with a working cursor?

Anyways, I still haven't been able to work out consistently when it happens but seeing as I now know more or less what causes it, I'm going to mark this as solved. Thanks for all the replies everybody! :)

Could be BIOS incompatibility?
Drivers?

Interference?

Bad Keybaord?

Micro Black Hole?

Back
Top Bottom