Windows 7 windows won't start up - quick flash of blue screen with no text and restarts itself

Henry Thompson

I have tried startup repair and it doesn't work
i tried to do system restore and an error thing pops up telling to me close my antivirus and try system restore again

I can't go in to safe mode and when i try it loads through the sys files but stops and the last loaded sys file was classpnp.sys

i know it was some sort of virus because for i had shut it down i was hearing music just starting up randomly, sounded like music from commercials. one time it was indian music.

is there any way i can fix this?/

PS I found my windows 7 cd if that helps??

ok i found something that cleared the problem but now everything has changed
i disabled the auto restart and it is a blue screen that says

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
etc
etc
check for viruses on your computer (i have no idea how if i can't boot safe mode) remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers etc etc

technical information
*** stop: 0x0000007b (0xfffff880009a97e8, 0xffffffffc0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

Last edited:
That error code usually relates to HD problems. Can you access the advanced boot menu? Press F8 whilst booting and you'll enter the advanced boot menu. If your able to access it then try 'last good known configuration'. If your not able to do this and you say start up repair fails to help, cannot boot in to safe mode and blue screening too then I'd re-install. Whatever was the original problem may corrupted system files to a point of no return.
You could try an upgrade installation which would leave your data intact but in some cases that doesn't always work.

Back
Top Bottom