Windows 7 Windows Works Calandar

lrcite

Every once in a while I get a small dialog box pop up in the lower right hand corner of my screen that tells me there is a very high CPU usage with Microsoft Works Calandar. I know that program comes along with Windows 7. I never use this program.

Why would that program be using a high CPU usage?

Not sure which calendar you are referring to, but is the message a Windows message, or could it be an advertisement?

If you open Task Manger and look at the Performance tab, is it using a lot of CPU time?

If you switch to the processes tab and "show processes from all users", do you see what is using the CPU time, and what is it titled? Click on the top of the CPU column will line the processes up by CPU usage.

Microsoft Works program comes along with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. It has always been there even if you do not have Microsoft Works. It includes Address Book and Works Calendar.

Check out Programs. It is just there. I assume Windows just lets you know that is uses high CPU usage. I am just curious.

Saltgrass,

Microsoft Works program comes along with Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. It has always been there even if you do not have Microsoft Works. It includes Address Book and Works Calendar.

Can I delete Microsoft Works. I do not use their Address Book and Works Calendar.

lrcite

Sorry I did not respond earlier, but I did not see an earlier response.

Works, as far as I know, is put on the system by some sellers as a replacement for Office. I would have to guess that the calendar itself is not causing a problem, but if there is something trying to use it or an install glitch occurred, I suppose it might be involved.

Since it is not a part of Windows 7, you should be able to delete it, but you might first check to see if there might be something trying to access the calendar causing the problem.

Checking the event viewer might help you track down a problem with the software by showing a pattern of error messages or warnings.

Back