Windows XP Windows XP FLP?

Kyle

Anyone ever use XP Fundamentals for Legacy PCs?
I just "got" a copy, and I was wondering if anyone has used this before, and some opinions on it.

ive heard a few good things about it but not much in detail really just that its good im yet to have any personal experience with it though

Nope, never used it before. Though sounds like it's more for embedding in systems, rather than desktop use...

Probably, but since it's directly based off XP, though slimmed down, theoretically, it would kick ass in old computers.

Yeah. Would be nice if they game it away for free, so I could buy old laptops, upgrade them, and resell them at say $200 .

Well, it's legal software with a Windows XP Key. Buy XP Keys and sell them for a little more.

but to do that you would have to try them on an original copy of windows xp also your other issue would be finding if it was for pro home and x64 it might work on one but not the others and it would be a pain in the arse keep trying also if microsoft found out you would get screwed

Uh, what?
As long as the XP key is valid and paid for, and any XP VLK will work, then it's legal.
Legally, you don't have to have an XP CD.

i know you dont but what im saying is if you dont have a disc of the right version ie home or professional you will be nackered plus the fact you gotta find out which version its for prior to installation. i say its a lot of trouble for very little money mate and if you were going to do it that way then you may aswell get an oem copy

Not really, you just need a vlk. I checked, and it works with a home and a pro vlk, so it doesn't matter which.
It's actually really easy, I think you're complicating things.

Anyone ever use XP Fundamentals for Legacy PCs?
I just "got" a copy, and I was wondering if anyone has used this before, and some opinions on it.

I wish Microsoft license Windows XP FLP Retail.:(

But you better knoe that, Microsoft just license The Windows XP FLP to enterprise (Just like Windows Vista Enterprise).
Be careful that the microsoft will catch you......haha:D

My friend "got" Windows XP FLP, and I counted that the startup speed is father than a typical Windows XP (Windows XP Home Edition), Windows XP FLP is much faster.:cool:

Back