Windows XP Windows XP installation fail due to BSOD.

avinashrawat

I have a Dell OptiPlex 210LN desktop. I try to format my hard drive but getting blue screen every time. For this i do the wipe out from "DBAN" tool, but after wipe out i don't get success.
i attach bsod images that appear during xp installation time.

Attachments

• 2013-08-13-1523 _ resize.jpg
    2013-08-13-1523 _ resize.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 882
Some questions:

• Is DBAN successfully cleaning the drive but you can't install XP afterwards?
  • Where in the XP installation does it have a problem? Is it consistently the same spot during the installation?
  • How are you formatting the drive, with the Windows XP installer?
  • Is it the only drive in your system?
  • Why are you cleaning the drive and installing WinXP? Is this drive new to the system? Were you having issues with the drive and decided to wipe and reinstall Windows?
  • I doubt this is the case, buy you may need disk controller drivers loaded first before being able to successfully access the drive. Have you checked to see if you need to load drivers first for that specific system?

Analysts:

0x7B (Inaccessible Boot Device) with a C0000034 error code (Device object name not found) in Arg2.

@Vir Gnarus
I don't know DBAN successfully cleaning the drive because of it takes a lot of time so i put my system alone and focus on it after 2 hours. Find a message your HDD is successfully wipe out.

The XP installation stops at same position during the installation (after loading files ,just before F8)

I try to format my hard drive with a bootable CD, also try with a USB boot but with both of them Installation fail at the same spot.

This is only HDD in My computer.

My HDD is infected with virus, so I just need to format my hard drive. This Drive comes with my system; I am using this system since last 6 years and does not facing this kind of issue during window installation time.

I decide to wipe out my HDD because of some blogs I found hard drive may be infected with “boot Sector Virus “ so this reason installation fail and so I choose to wipe out hard drive.

I don’t know about the disk controller driver ; where from I download it and how to install it.

Hmm, I recommend you follow through with what others have mentioned about the access mode setting on the BIOS. Usually it can have any of several settings such as IDE, Compatibility, SATA, RAID, AHCI and ATA. Set to Comp, IDE or ATA. Sometimes it is not called "Access Mode" setting but something else, but you can typically tell what it is just by the settings available to it that I've listed. Unfortunately it varies from BIOS to BIOS, so I could not tell you what to look for exactly unless I have access to your computer.
Just explore every part of the BIOS until you come across a setting that looks like it fits this description.

SATA drivers for XP are usually, as far as I know, provided by motherboard manufacturer / chipset manufacturer / other than Microsoft. I ran XP with SATA, and it worked just fine, it was a MSI mobo, can't remember the provider of SATA drivers. But many many people have written that it needs to be run in IDE mode - one of these typical generation gaps.

And, avinashrawat, do zero / low format your disk. That clears your disk to the original state, as it writes it full with zeroes = no information found. The best way to do it is to get disk tools from your HDD manufacturer. It can also be done by, say, Aomei, http://www.disk-partition.com/help/clear-disk.html, by deleting all partitions, then re-partitioning. I always recommend to have Windows system in one part, and own files in another, or even another disk. That way you can re-install Windows without touching your own files.

You do know that all XP support will end April, next year? It's obsolete...

Last edited:
SATA drivers for XP are usually, as far as I know, provided by motherboard manufacturer / chipset manufacturer / other than Microsoft. I ran XP with SATA, and it worked just fine, it was a MSI mobo, can't remember the provider of SATA drivers. But many many people have written that it needs to be run in IDE mode - one of these typical generation gaps....
Not a generation gap at all.

Yes, SATA drivers may be available from the motherboard mfr website or the SATA controller mfr website. The problem then becomes a matter of how to install the driver. The XP installer will allow you to install 3rd party drivers when you are prompted to press F6 to install SCSI drivers but will only load the drivers from a floppy in drive A:. The alternative to that is to slipstream the SATA driver onto the XP install CD which is somewhat involved. It's much simpler to simply change the BIOS to use IDE mode.

Quite so. Unless you have the mindset of Don Quijote, and like to fight windmills... I have that tendency. :rolleyes: No retreat, baby, no surrender, like Boss Springsteen sings.

Back