Windows XP Windows xp sp3

Hmm, a new gui. I think that means that even less people will switch to Vista. What I do hear is that it should be faster.

Oh, and it seems like it is avaliable on the web, perhaps I'll try it: http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/08/09/windows-xp-sp3-leaked/

You guys can download the Windows XP SP3 Release Candidate here - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=75ed934c-8423-4386-ad98-36b124a720aa&DisplayLang=en

Hello and welcome to the forum Chris. :) Anyway, thanks for the link, I'm now downloading it for my XP laptop, and will tell you how it goes in a few hours.

Cheers,
Matt

Matt said:
Hello and welcome to the forum Chris. :) Anyway, thanks for the link, I'm now downloading it for my XP laptop, and will tell you how it goes in a few hours.

Cheers,
Matt

I have it installed on three PC's right now. It doesn't seem to make much of a difference. One PC has XP Home on it and the other two have XP Pro on them. One of the XP Pro machines has hyper threading, but it doesn't seem to make use of it and the machine doesn't run 10% faster. If it makes the PC more secure, I will still take the update.

Well, on my laptop running XP MCE 2005, it does seem faster now, though I'm not sure exactly how much. As for a new GUI, I haven't seen any, though this is only a RC, the final might be different, though I don't think so.

But anyway, it sped up my laptop enough to make it from too annoying to use to usable.

Well, I looked and didn't find any new stuff there. I don't see anything about it here either: http://neosmart.net/blog/2007/windows-xp-sp3-beta-build-3205-released-analysis-included/

Well, SP3 does have some bugs, so if you don't want to have any issues at all, you should stay with SP2. However, SP3 did seem pretty stable when I used it, so at least it shouldn't cause that many problems, and if it does create any problems, you can uninstall it, so I think it's worth a shot.

Well, I would say that you should stay with SP 2 for now, and then upgrade once the final version is out. I just reinstalled XP, and has not installed SP3 yet, and will be waiting for the final release.

It killed my internet explorer on my laptop and made me have to replace it.
I have no idea why, perhaps a glitch, or something of the like.
I'm sticking with SP2 until a standalone final release comes out and I can integrate it into an XP install disk.

I changed my mind and decided to give it another go.
Who here had RC2 or better installed on their PCs?

Just turn On Automatic Update,ur windows automatically going to SP3 version

I think I should stay with SP 2 that I have been using for years. Once I loaded SP3 and started facing lots of difficulties. But to me windows media player is really pain in the ass it does not supporting nearly anything though I have not taken any updates...it is version 9.

I am using SP2 and fully satisfied with it. I think if at all I think of change I will shift to Windows7 instead of SP3. One of my friend changed to SP3 and I just check it out regarding change and I didn't found any change.

Back