Windows 7 Windows7 install compatibility issue

nanllyn

I have two computers that are running Win XP Home and one that is running Win Xp Media Center Edition. Will I have any problems upgrading the Win Xp Media Center Edition?
Currently I'm trying to upgrade the system with Win Xp Home. It has a Gigabyte AMD AM2 Socket (GA-M57 SLI-S4) motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+, 4 GB of ram and a Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS soundcard.
I ran the windows 7 upgrade adviser on the computer and then someone suggest I also run the vista upgrade adviser as well. On both it is telling me that there is a problem with "Windows Aero Support". I've seen lots of posts stating it will run on their video card but I have not seen anything on mine and need to know if I can upgrade to Win 7 Home Premium without a problem. My video card is a NVidia Geforce 7900 GTX. Does anyone know if that card will work with Win 7?
Then also it is telling me that my D-Link DWA-130 Wireless USB adapter is a problem. I went to their website and they have Vista drivers but not Win 7. Someone suggested not downloading the D-Link drivers but downloading the vista drivers and that it would work. I have little knowledge regarding Win 7 and therefore didn't know if this was good advice or bad advice on downloading the vista drivers. Is anyone here using this wireless adapter successfully with Win 7?
Last it mentions that it is not compatible with the Creative Game Port. I don't know if this is something that is downloaded with my Gigaabyte motherboard recovery disc. I don't think it was something I installed but not sure. AS far as I know it is not something I'm using so it doesn't matter if it isn't compatible (at least I think it's not). I didn't know if anyone knew about this.
I'm hoping anyone that has experience with any of this hardware will let me know if it is compatible with Win 7 before I upgrade it only to find it is compatible to upgrade.
Thanks for your time.
Nancy

If you are on Windows XP and planning to UPGRADE...

YOU MUST DO A CLEAN INSTALL. There is no upgrade path.

There are user migration tools you can use, but you will need to backup your files and do a clean install. I have seen several threads about this and just want to clarify.

The upgrade from Windows Vista is a valid upgrade path, but Windows XP to Windows 7 is not

I would get a new hard drive and pop it in and test win 7 on it. If it works, then put in the xp drive and copy over the stuff I wanted, format it then use it as a backup. There are MANY excellent deals mentioned in the slick deals forum:

Hot Deals - SlickDeals.net Forums

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks so much for all your help. I really appreciate it. I'm just waiting for my husband to run the wires so I can hardwire my blueray player and the computer that I'm upgrading to Win 7. Then I don't have to worry about wireless except my laptop which is already Win 7.
Also I wanted to say that is a sharp car there reghakr. Very nice.
I will let you guys know how the upgrade goes once I do it. Thanks again for your time.
Nancy

Back