Windows 7 Windows7 Restarting when installing software

Grimsward

Machine is running Windows7 Home Premium, when I try and install new software, the installation starts and then the machine shuts down and restarts. I have carried out a boot time virus scan. Checked the Windows installation with SFC and the problem is still there. Looking for suggestions on something else to try.

Grimsward

Machine is running Windows7 Home Premium, when I try and install new software, the installation starts and then the machine shuts down and restarts.
Any particular type of software? Some examples may prove helpful.
Does the machine run fine except for this issue? No problems playing Solitaire, surfing the web, reading email, etc., ?
I have carried out a boot time virus scan. Checked the Windows installation with SFC and the problem is still there. Looking for suggestions on something else to try.
Grimsward
What did you use to perform the boot time virus scan?
In the way of suggestions, look for a folder here C:\Windows\Minidump
are there any contents with a file extension of .dmp?
Welcome to the forum
Randy

Any particular type of software? Some examples may prove helpful.
Does the machine run fine except for this issue? No problems playing Solitaire, surfing the web, reading email, etc., ?

What did you use to perform the boot time virus scan?
In the way of suggestions, look for a folder here C:\Windows\Minidump
are there any contents with a file extension of .dmp?
Welcome to the forum
Randy
Tried on a variety of software installs, games downloaded from steam, disk utilities from Paragon and also windows restore. Boot time virus scan was done using Norton 2011 antivirus loaded from CD rom. I need to check the dmp files. Event viewer shows nothing except the restart.

Back