Windows 7 wireless for windows 7?

xdzgor

Hi

I have a new desktop Windows 7 (64bit) system, from which I would like to be able to connect to my WiFi network.

I am having trouble finding a wireless network adaptor that works with Windows 7. They all seem to state "windows xp" or "vista", but not Windows 7.

The computer does have a normal wired rj45 port, but I'd like to set it up for wireless. What adapters can I use? And is a usb adapter, or a pci adapter better?

Thanks,
Peter

Hi

I have a new desktop Windows 7 (64bit) system, from which I would like to be able to connect to my WiFi network.

I am having trouble finding a wireless network adaptor that works with Windows 7. They all seem to state \\\"windows xp\\\" or \\\"vista\\\", but not Windows 7.

The computer does have a normal wired rj45 port, but I'd like to set it up for wireless. What adapters can I use? And is a usb adapter, or a pci adapter better?

Thanks,
Peter

have a look through microsofts compatible list

:)

This might be the problem with the drivers for the network adapter on the computer; Click Start>> type in Device Manager in the Start Search >> expand the Network Adapters in the Device Manager >> right click the Network Adapter >> click on Properties>> click on driver tab >> click on Update Drivers>> click OK.

If the issue still persists, I suggest that you install the latest drivers for the manufacturer’s website and check.

Let me know if this worked.

Windows 7 just recently had an update for the Wireless WUA 1340 adapter. I run W7 64 bit hope this helps someone

Back
Top Bottom