Windows 7 wmplayer.exe - bad image

rbnandm

when i try to launch media player i get this mwssage > c:\windows\system32\wmploc.dll is not designed to run on windows or it contains an errror try reinstalling ......
i ran sfc / scannow with this result > win resource protection found croupt files but could not fix some of them , details are in CBS .log
i am running win 7 , Thanks

First, try to run SFC /SCANNOW from an elevated CMD prompt. Here are the steps:

Steps to perform SFC scan
1. Click the Start button
2. From the Start Menu, Click All programs followed by Accessories
3. In the Accessories menu, Right Click on the Command Prompt option
4. From the drop down menu that appears, Click on the 'Run as administrator' option
5. If you have the User Account Control (UAC) enabled you will be asked for authorization prior to the command prompt opening. You may simply need to press the Continue button if you are the administrator or insert the administrator password etc.
6. In the Command Prompt window, type: sfc /scannow and then press Enter
7. A message will appear stating that 'the system scan will begin'
8. Be patient because the scan may take some time
9. If any files require replacing SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Vista DVD for this process to continue
10. If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"
11. After the scan has completed, Close the command prompt window restart the computer and check.
The scan may take some time, so be patient. Windows will repair any corrupted or missing files that it finds. If information from the installation CD is needed to repair the problem, you may be prompted to insert your Windows Vista.

If the above didn't help, get back to us.

P.s. You can also use free media players that in my opinion are much better than WMP.
1. KMPlayer: KMPlayer - Download

2. VLC player: VideoLAN - VLC media player, Open Source video framework for every OS!

i ran sfc / scannow with this result > win resource protection found croupt files but could not fix some of them , details are in CBS .log

We could go on and on until we solve this but why don't you use one of the other 2 players I suggested?

Back