Windows 7 Wondering if these games work alright

Radenight

Hey all,

Just curious if anyone that is using the Windows 7 Build 6801 has tried any of the following games on it, or knows someone that has and if they are working fine or if it's useless to try them for now.

The games in question are:

Half Life 2
Counterstrike 1 and Source
Unreal Tournament 2004
Unreal Tournament 3

Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm a big game player and I'll tell you 7 has ran all the games i tried including a old favorite nascar 2003so here's my list.

Nascar2003
Crysis warhead
cod 4-5
dead space
bully
Testdrive unlimited
Grid
Farcry 2
GTR 2
silent hunter 4
Blood money

Last edited:
I got the Orange Box and Garry's Mod on steam and both work perfectly fine on Windows 7. I haven't tried Episode 2, but HL2, HL2 EP1, Team Fortress 2, and Portal work fine for me.

BF2
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Diablo beta
Grid

all of these work perfectly in win 7. Even old games like gta vice city work without any problems.

Also I have two monitors, 22 Benq hd ready widescreen and philips 32 widescreen 720 p. Both working well in win 7, just need to make some tweaks to get a good refresh rate(Hertz(hz)).

I'd like to note that GTA 4 "works" on Windows 7 build 6956.. however it didn't work too well...(freezing, random crashes, and this was after I had to restart 3 times before it would get past the start menu) Could just be the catalyst driver though, it's only a preview driver so it still needs some work.. hopefully ATI has a solid driver by the time the beta is released! ;) Also someone with a little better cpu might have a better experience with this game on windows 7. I'm stuck with an AMD X2 5400+ (2.8GHZ, 65nm, 65W) cpu.. waiting for my Q6600 to get here. That should help a bit.

what about some of us classic game lovers or low ram video card owners who has to stick with medal of honor/call of duty 2/battlefield 2/RTCW/ext....

any of them older games work....?

@ Kyle
Awesome!! I was looking through my Game binder the other day and found Max Payne! I had completely forgot that I had it.. I'll have to install it now that I know it works! :)

I also found GTA3, I'll install that this afternoon and report back as to whether or not it works on build 6956

what about some of us classic game lovers or low ram video card owners who has to stick with medal of honor/call of duty 2/battlefield 2/RTCW/ext....

any of them older games work....?
I got Battle Field 2 demo working on Windows 7 with no problems.

Update:

I tried GTA 3 several times but couldn't get it to work no matter what I did... though I'm thinking someone might have better luck a retail copy of the game ;)..

I got working on Windows 7 build 7000:
  • Battlefield 2
  • Battlefield 2142
  • Flight Simulator 2004
  • Flight Simulator X
  • Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow
  • Empire Earth 2
Have a good day ya'll
Regards,
S.87

Good day to all,

Playing NFS Undercover (latest of the series) on my laptop with Geforce 8600m. No problems so far...:razz:

Another very old game that works (run as admin needed): Red Alert 2

Last edited:
has anybody gotten Bioshock to work in 7000? it gets confused when it sees DX11 and things go kind of weird during the install. then when i run it, it freezes after the spash screen...

maybe i should try running the installer in compatibility mode?

Back