Windows 7 Wondering if these games work alright

Gothic III

Add Gothic III and the expansion pack Forsaken Gods to the list. Works very well (for a buggy title) in Windows 7.

Counter-Strike 1.6 doesn't work perfectly.. If you have OpenGL set up then it won't work in Fullscreen only in window mode.. :/

I hear there is a problem with steam and 64 bit of windows 7. Look it up if you have 64 bit. Works fine for 32 on steam and all newer/popular steam games.

I hear there is a problem with steam and 64 bit of windows 7. Look it up if you have 64 bit. Works fine for 32 on steam and all newer/popular steam games.

Well, i do have 64bit Windows 7 but my steam works i can play CS: Source and everything that isn't related to OpenGL. But i'm a 1.6 gamer so i need OpenGL because frankly Direct 3D on 1.6 is bullshit and software? Yeah.. So Steam works but it's just the OpenGL that won't function properly.. I mean i can play 1.6 on OpenGL in Windowed mode without any problems but when i play it with Fullscreen it just goes bananas.. The screen flickers with random patterns but between the random flicks i can see the game in the back still running and working properly i can hear the sounds of pressing the "Find Server" button and so on.. Windows 7 is awesome if you ask me and i just want this to be fixed because when it is fixed.. Well then, Bye bye XP :D

Well, I can't get these games to run: Portal, FarCry2, and GRAW2. Steam works fine, as does COD World at War, COD4 Modern Warfare, and Crysis.

Well, compared to Vista, I think 7 has a lot less problems. I for one am really looking forward to the release. Wonder what the cost will be?:rolleyes:

Mine CS 1.6 works perfectly, so does Warcraft III TFT, I will try Flat out 2 and some other games soon=)

Mine CS 1.6 works perfectly, so does Warcraft III TFT, I will try Flat out 2 and some other games soon=)

What graphics mode are you running 1.6 in? If in Open GL mode, can you post what video card and driver version your using?

A lot of people have been having issues with CS 1.6 and some older Open GL games (quake 3 for example) with massive screen flickering in full screen mode, this goes for both ATI and Nvidia cards.

Alright, there we go.
I am running D3D mode now, and I'll tell you where magic is hidden. When I go with OpenGL mode, I can play actually but there are quite a lot visual glitches so the gameplay doesn't feel comfortable at all. If you still use OpenGL mode but with marked "Run in a window" you won't have any problems. Playing in a window mode isn't a nice thing to do, is it?I have also tried using Software mode but couldn't play - CS would quit every time I try joining some game. So here is the system I use:
Dell Inspiron 1520
GeForce M8600GT
Video drivers i got installed -
185.20 vista64 forceware
And got the latest update of DirectX from Microsoft on their website. This one:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en
Also, this step I believe to be the most important, On NVidia Control panel(which goes with forceware and you can get there by right click on your desktop), go to Manage 3D settings -> Use the Advanced 3D Image settings And there at the very end of the list,
Verical sync - Force on
Im sorry for those of you who use ATI videocards, but their must be a way to pull the same trick on your PCs..
P.S. Sorry about my Russian English=)

Last edited:
Back