Windows 7 Would appreciate help with this

yea:/ already i can see my non paged pool climbing and not going down.
Ram.PNG

Hmm... Well like i said I'm using very similar drivers to you in regards to chipset etc and I have similar figures. Why did you start focusing on the non-paged pool memory? Have you been having any issues in this regard?
mem.JPG

What does your resource monitor say? Here's mine for comparison:
mem2.JPG

Because previously my non paged pool would rise to something like 12gb. leaving me with only arnd 3 gb to work with and it would constantly crash my pc. and the hilarious part is that all i was doing is watching youtube.
RM.PNG

alright ill give it a shot. but abck then when it came up to 12gb ram, you could add up the total amount of ram being used and it wouldnt hit that amount. Not sure if that is caused by ram leak too.

Ok bud, I'll be hitting the sack soon so will check back in the morning.

Aites!.
Anyway, I've done as you suggested but even after i turn off Fire fox, the memory doesnt look like it is released.
new.PNG

You can see that memory in use is 6GB, but is the resouce monitor, there isnt a particular program that is using up a huge amount of Ram.

If it helps, I'm using:
MSI Z97 gaming 5
Intel Core i7 - 4790k
MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
Samsung SSD 8520EVO
2x 8gb Corsair vengeance 2400mhz

Hey,
hmm.. your memory does look a little better tho, did you try rebooting once you'd disabled the browser? It is probably related to something your running rather than the os itself it's just a case of finding it.

I did a bunch more testing,
first i unplugged my lan and ran a few games, no changes in non paged pool.
when i plugged in my lan and did anything internet related, the non paged pool starts to rise,
i plugged out my lan and switch to a wireless usb, and the non paged pool remains the same.

I'm pretty? sure thats its cause of the killer network card. googling Z97 gaming 5 memory leak also yields quite alot of results, none of which conclusively pinpoints the problem though

is that the same as tthe non paged pool?
if so ive seen it hit 10gb,
if not, how do i check it ? :p

i think this is it.

P.s. i cant seem to find my crash logs on windows 10

Attachments

• vm.PNG
    vm.PNG
    13.5 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
i cant seem to find my crash logs on windows 10
Thanks for the above. The reason you can't find any dump files is because you've turned off the Pagefile for the C drive. You need a pagefile of at least 200mb but in any case I'd change it so that your running the recommended amount.

Why do you have a pagefile on the G drive?

This could be why your seeing some odd figures in the Task manager.

Hmmm for some reason its not letting me set System managed size on C drive. it told me to restart and when i came back it was back to the default. and it just hit 100% memory usage and my com stopped responding

Ok cool... How come you have a pagefile for the G drive?

Back