Windows 7 WoW hangs at startup

jburman01

I am currently running the 7000 build of 32bit windows 7. I installed World of Warcraft which installed and patched fine but when I try to play it hangs on startup. Everytime it hangs it does it in the same spot which is when the launcher starts to download. Anyone else run into this problem if so how did you fix it?

My specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7000) (7000.winmain_win7beta.081212-1400)
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 3070MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Video Card: ATI RADEON X850 XT

*for anyone that can help I can get you the dxdiag.txt as well

I run wow np on win7 7057 64 bit , If this was happening to me my first idea would be firewall access and also maybe try run as admin ?

Tried both of those things I disabled my norton and windows firewalls and also ran it as admin and neither worked.

Tried both of those things I disabled my norton and windows firewalls and also ran it as admin and neither worked.

WOW writes to an ini file and needs access , maybe navigate to your WOW folders and right click make sure you have ownership and full read write permissions ?

WOW writes to an ini file and needs access , maybe navigate to your WOW folders and right click make sure you have ownership and full read write permissions ?
I looked and I have full ownership and full read/write permissions. Maybe I will try to reinstall and see what happens.

Back