Travisss

Hello so i cannot connect to Xbox live anymore. I have a windows 7 desktop in my room that connects to the internet wirelessly with a USB adapter. In my room i also have an Xbox 360. I use an Ethernet cable to connect the two and about a month ago i could connect to Xbox flawlessly, but now i cant connect at all. I have tried about all i know about this. I have tried ICS with the wireless internet and local internet connections but when i do that the Xbox only connects to the network and not internet. Ive tried bridging connections but when i do this the Xbox doesn't connect to the network. Ive also restarted my modem and router downstairs but nothing seems to work. Help?

Solution
It seems like you are experiencing connectivity issues with your Xbox 360 when trying to connect it to Xbox Live through your Windows 7 desktop. Let's troubleshoot this step by step.

Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check Wired Connection:
- Ensure that the Ethernet cable you are using to connect your Xbox 360 to your Windows 7 desktop is in good condition and properly connected to both devices.
- Check if your Windows 7 desktop recognizes the Ethernet connection when you plug it in.

2. Verify Network Settings:
- Confirm that your desktop's wireless connection to the internet is working fine.
- Check the network settings on your Windows 7 desktop to ensure that sharing the internet...
It seems like you are experiencing connectivity issues with your Xbox 360 when trying to connect it to Xbox Live through your Windows 7 desktop. Let's troubleshoot this step by step.

Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check Wired Connection:
- Ensure that the Ethernet cable you are using to connect your Xbox 360 to your Windows 7 desktop is in good condition and properly connected to both devices.
- Check if your Windows 7 desktop recognizes the Ethernet connection when you plug it in.

2. Verify Network Settings:
- Confirm that your desktop's wireless connection to the internet is working fine.
- Check the network settings on your Windows 7 desktop to ensure that sharing the internet connection is set up correctly.

3. Internet Connection Sharing (ICS):
- If you are using Internet Connection Sharing (ICS), make sure it is configured correctly.
- Set up ICS to share the wireless internet connection with the Ethernet connection that goes to the Xbox 360.

4. Bridging Connections:
- If you are trying to bridge connections, ensure that you bridge the wireless connection with the Ethernet connection going to the Xbox 360.
- After bridging, check the network settings to ensure that both connections are bridged successfully.

5. Network Troubleshooting:
- Run the network troubleshooting tool on your Windows 7 desktop to identify any issues with the network configurations.
- Check if any firewall settings are blocking the connection to Xbox Live.

6. Restart Devices:
- Restart your Windows 7 desktop, Xbox 360, modem, and router. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.

7. Update Network Drivers:
- Make sure that the network drivers on your Windows 7 desktop are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause connectivity problems.

8. Check Router Settings:
- Verify the settings on your router to ensure that it allows the connection from your Xbox 360 and that there are no restrictions in place.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the connectivity issue between your Xbox 360 and Xbox Live through your Windows 7 desktop. If the issue persists, let me know, and we can explore other troubleshooting options.

Solution
Back