Windows 10 XMP - system post in safe mode. Question.

sew333

Hi. Its my new topic in short time. My mobo is Asus Z370 Pro Gaming. And rams: Gskill 2x8GB 2133mhz ( XMP 3000mhz ).
Cpu 8700K. When i choose in UEFI first time XMP profile i saved and booted fine to UEFI.
I turn off pc,turn on again after 2 hours, and then, i met screen:
THE SYSTEM HAS POSTED IN SAFE MODE.
This happened just once. Now its booting fine,but i dont know why it booted just once with this message.

This is screen from internet ,but the same msg:
z37.jpg

My psu also is Corsair 750RM i

I tried to reproduce this warning but i am not able to do that.
Reverting to standard and then again to XMP save. Turn off pc by power button. But not warning.
Any ideas why it happened just once,and still its something wrong?

Memtest not showing errors.

POST stands fro Power On Startup Test and POST refers to the basic hardware tests executed befor trying to boot. If POST detects an error (commonly with RAM, disk etc) it will sound a series of lond and/or short beeps which can be used to identify the nature of the POST test. It will then most commonly just crash but if the error is not fatal then it may boot in safe mode as yours did. Having done this just once it may well have been a transient error which you will not see again and in which case it will be difficult if not impossible to identity the problem. If it does recur then you should try to note the beep code sounded by POST to identify the proble.

Some errors may be transient (for example temperature sensitive devices, disk reaad errors etc). They may just happen once and never again, they may happen more frequently but still unpredoctable.

I tried to reproduce this warning but i am not able to do that. Reverting to standard and then again to XMP save. Turn off pc by power button. But not warning. Any ideas why it happened just once,and still its something wrong?

This occured when pc was off some time , 4 hours . And then. I met users using XMP with the same issue , only after pc was off some time.

Memtest not showing errors also.

Really appreciate it for help. This is my new pc.

I tried to reproduce this warning but i am not able to do that.
That is the meaning of "transient" the error may or may not occur again and in any event is not predictable or reproducabl. If it never recurs then forget it, if it does happen again the you will need to start investigating.

This occured when pc was off some time , 2-4 hours . And then. I met users using XMP with the same issue , only after pc was off some time like overnight.
So it not never happen when i turn off pc and immidiately turn on. Only just when pc is off few hours.

But ok hope it will not appear again.

If it was recently purchsed brand new ans still under warranty then if the problem happens again I would takephotographs of the error screen and return the pc to the retailer.

These things just happen, but if it happens only when using xmp, trying setting up the memory and timings yourself. What more than likely happens after power is off for awhile ia ddr4 memory training is failing on first boot.

On a fresh formatted ssd i install Windows 10. When i installed Windows 10 there was a problem with...

1.When i go to windows settings, no matter what i click on system settings it wont opened. SO click and nothing.

2.Problem with web browsers ( Firefox and Chrome ). When i go to some site, and try to download something ( right click save ), browser just hang,and not respond. I had to click X on the browser.

This happens in BOTH Firefox and Chrome, which is why I think it's an issue on Windows' part?

I dont know how but after 2-3 restart now its all fine and working fine. I just ask why that happened? It maybe was related to my rams?

But like i said now its fine.

Somebody said this to me :"It's not a bug, as I said, it depends what else is programmed into the XMP profile that's causing the instability. Training failure is training failure"

I tried to reproduce this warning but i am not able to do that. Turning off pc turning on pc again many times,without fail safe mode. It happened once.
So still should i be worry or just ignore that single occurence?

Few times, i turn off my pc for 12 hours,booted in morning, and fine again. But i want to be sure thats all is ok.
Really appreciate it for help. This is my new pc.

Also pc working stable with XMP profile.

It is impossible to diagnose from a distance what is really going on, but all updates are installed by now and that might be the explanation....

Sew333 are you new to computers? Just asking as you seem to worry a lot about random glitches. If they happen once don't worry about them.

Back