Windows 7 Yahoo Messenger 9.0 audio problem

khalander8

I have installed Yahoo messenger 9.0 on W7. My webcam was working fine but no audio from both side. I have set mic and speaker to system default but no uplink or downlink audio. Sometimes otherside can hear my voice but I can't hear them. Any suggestion?

Thanks,
K

It seems like you are facing audio issues with Yahoo Messenger 9.0 on Windows 7, where the webcam works fine but there's no audio from either side, or sometimes you can't hear the other person while they can hear you. Here are some suggestions to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

### Troubleshooting Steps for Audio Issues in Yahoo Messenger 9.0 on Windows 7:

1. Check System Sound Settings:
- Ensure that your system's sound settings are correctly configured. Set both the microphone and speakers to the system default and ensure they are enabled.

2. Microphone and Speaker Settings:
- Check if the microphone and speaker settings are properly configured within Yahoo Messenger. Sometimes, the program may not correctly detect the audio devices.

3. Microphone and Speaker Testing:
- Test your microphone and speakers in other applications to confirm they are working properly. This can help identify if the issue is specific to Yahoo Messenger.

4. Update Audio Drivers:
- Make sure your audio drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes lead to compatibility issues with applications like Yahoo Messenger.

5. Compatibility Mode:
- Try running Yahoo Messenger in compatibility mode. Right-click on the application shortcut, go to Properties, and then the Compatibility tab. Choose an earlier version of Windows and see if it helps.

6. Reinstall Yahoo Messenger:
- If the issue persists, consider uninstalling and reinstalling Yahoo Messenger. This can help in case any of the program files are corrupted.

7. Check Firewall and Antivirus Settings:
- Ensure that your firewall or antivirus software is not blocking Yahoo Messenger from accessing the microphone or speakers.

8. Check Yahoo Messenger Settings:
- Look into the settings within Yahoo Messenger to see if there are any specific options related to audio that may need adjustment.

9. Test with Another Program:
- Try using another audio/video calling program to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is isolated to Yahoo Messenger.

10. Contact Yahoo Support:
- If none of the above steps work, consider reaching out to Yahoo Support for further assistance with the audio issues in Yahoo Messenger.

By following these steps, you should be able to diagnose and potentially resolve the audio problems you are experiencing in Yahoo Messenger 9.0 on Windows 7. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you have any questions!

Back