Windows 7 Yet another BSOD thread

ScaldingHotSoup

View attachment Minidumps.rar

I get a crash on average once a week. This usually happens when getting out of Sleep mode.

As background, when I built my computer I had a bad network card in which was intended for 32 bit systems- I'm using windows 7 64 bit. That caused all sorts of problems (some of which were similar to this), and I ended up having to completely reinstall windows twice before I figured out what the problem was.

Hardware:
MicroATX ASUS motherboard
AMD Phenom II 3.2 GHz Quad Core CPU
ATI Radeon 5770 1 GB graphics card
Corsair 650W PSU
4 GB RAM

Tell me what additional information may be helpful, and I can provide it. :)

Hello and welcome.

1) Remove Norton in safe mode with the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE. Then open an elevated command prompt. Run this command from it:

chkdsk /r

Follow the simply instructions.

2) Update the wireless adapter driver from the manufacturer's website:

netr7364 netr7364.sys Thu Mar 12 23:13:08 2009

3) Update the VIA HD Audio driver:

viahduaa viahduaa.sys Mon Aug 17 07:20:43 2009

VIA Drivers Download - VIA Technologies, Inc.

4) Update ATI video driver:

atikmdag atikmdag.sys Thu May 27 12:47:58 2010

Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

5) Update Realtek lan driver:

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009

RTL8111

-------

After these above steps, it will be fine. Enjoy.

Well, I had some seriously catastrophic crashes. I tried everything, reinstalling windows, reinstalling drivers, etcetera, until I looked on the wireless card's box, and it was intended for 32 bit systems. I removed the card, and things work much better.

Link Removed due to 404 Error)

Nah, there's nothing wrong with the adapter. You'd be getting 0x124 errors instead.

Follow all in my post, especially #1, and all will be well.

Nah, there's nothing wrong with the adapter. You'd be getting 0x124 errors instead.

Well, the problems stopped after I removed it. The minidumps I posted do not include the crashes I had prior to removing the wireless card. I had all sorts of errors back then...

I hear ya. The card is fine though. You were getting the same errors you have now. Complete all the steps and it will be fine.

Nothing in that whole thread suggests any networking errors at all.

What does MSE offer that Norton doesn't?

A pc that will not crash.

---------

Honestly, I'm not a learning library. There is Google for that.

The choice for you is very simple. Follow my post exactly to a tee as precisely as possibly can be done and errors will stop.

Choose not to do so, and errors will continue.

Good luck and enjoy.

Last edited:
I've had more crashes. I'm not sure if it's a result of me not following the directions well enough, or the directions being bad. I'm going to go through and check everything before I post more.

Back