Windows 7 YouTube not working in Windows 7

jvsrk

I have recently installed windows 7 on my laptop, hp tx2500. I like it but what worries me is that, youtube videos are not loading. When i click on a link, i get the image of a circle in the center of the video, indicating that it is loading but it never does, some times i get a blank black screen. I was having this problem only after installing windows 7 and it seems like the only way i can solve this is by restarting the system. But even after restart after watching few videos it would just stop loading.

Every other video website is working fine, but youtube does not load, either in chrome, firefox or IE. my chrome does not even crash, i can navigate and scroll and do anything but only the video is what that does not load. My internet speed is good, i have checked it. My friend who is on vista right now has no such issues. It would be great if someone could assist me on this. Thanks :)

hey drew, thanks for the reply. i had seen the same issue when i googled it but so far i found only one solution to it which was something to do with event viewer and application errors, but that is not my case, so it did not help. and now i am trying my luck in this forum.

too bad i cant watch youtube videos :(

I have recently installed windows 7 on my laptop, hp tx2500. I like it but what worries me is that, youtube videos are not loading. When i click on a link, i get the image of a circle in the center of the video, indicating that it is loading but it never does, some times i get a blank black screen. I was having this problem only after installing windows 7 and it seems like the only way i can solve this is by restarting the system. But even after restart after watching few videos it would just stop loading.

Every other video website is working fine, but youtube does not load, either in chrome, firefox or IE. my chrome does not even crash, i can navigate and scroll and do anything but only the video is what that does not load. My internet speed is good, i have checked it. My friend who is on vista right now has no such issues. It would be great if someone could assist me on this. Thanks :)

Are you sure it's not because there in no flash player for 64 bit and maybe the other browsers? If you are running 64 bit .. try the version of IE in \program files (x86)\internet explorer.

32 bit flash should work in 32 bit browsers in a 64 bit environment ;)

Yes.. but you have to trick win 64 bit to use the 32 bit version of ie. I think the other browsers... you know the ones people on the fringes use... are all 32 bit. ;)

Yes.. but you have to trick win 64 bit to use the 32 bit version of ie. I think the other browsers... you know the ones people on the fringes use... are all 32 bit. ;)

a bit foolish of microSOFT to push there 64 bit browser before all the other software developers have had a chance to catch up :rolleyes:

or is it arrogance ;)

Are you sure it's not because there in no flash player for 64 bit and maybe the other browsers? If you are running 64 bit .. try the version of IE in \program files (x86)\internet explorer.

I forgot to mention that i am running 32 bit on my laptop. I once waited patiently for youtube video to load and play and found that it plays after nearly 5-10 mins of keeping the page like that. So i really do not know what is wrong here !!!!!!!!!

a bit foolish of microSOFT to push there 64 bit browser before all the other software developers have had a chance to catch up :rolleyes:

or is it arrogance ;)

We might cut them some slack since Adobe makes the flash software and didn't make a 64 bit version.. but we should wonder why Msft didn't bother to make their Searchlight media player 64 bit.

I'd look into these:

1. Could be an IE 8 x64 issue, also could be an alternative browser's incompatibility
2. Adobe Flash MUST be installed
3. Broadband internet connection is required to watch youtube right

thanks drew for the effort. i have been patient and came to know that the youtube video loading takes 5-10 mins before it can play the video. this happens for every video and once it loads there is no problem. i have tried youtube help desk and adobe forums but there is no solution.

many people have this problem according to the posts in the other forums but i am thinking maybe it is because of some other incompatible software that i might have installed into my system. so is there any way that i can probably tune my system or check if there is any problem with any of the softwares installed.

i am thinking maybe it is because of some other incompatible software that i might have installed into my system. so is there any way that i can probably tune my system or check if there is any problem with any of the softwares installed.

Like disabling them all so they don't load at startup? Most are easily disabled through MSCONFIG /startup and there is a great program you can google for called autoruns. It shows everything you have loading. Of course there is always the possibility you have a virus or malware.

Solved

hey guys, i just found a solution, i had it in mind that maybe it was because of some software that i had recently installed, so i uninstalled the most recent software i had installed, which is Tune Up Utilities. So i uninstalled it, restarted my laptop and since then everything is back to normal. So thanks to all of them who tried to help :):):)

btw, there was no warning from W7 that tune up is not a compatible software or something like that. So anyone who has the same problem, please do check if this is same case for you guys, try uninstalling the most recent software or some software which you think might be harmful or you can even try system restore.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom