Windows 7 1/3 BSOD, 1/3 freezing +- speaker buzzing, 1/3 random reset

shodan

Hi everyone,

This is literally driving me insane and I'm in big need of help.

I've had a problem where my computer will do one of the above ^ (title) over and over and over. My computer will also fail to restart (e.g. hang at the 'welcome to windows screen, and sometimes when it does restart the lights on my keyboard/mouse will frequently not be up & they won't work, so I'll have to reset again anyway)

I've done a complete format and the problem is just as frequent as before. I formatted 2 days ago and so only have 2 BSOD dump files. In most cases it is a freeze with/without my speakers going 'bzzzzzzzzt' non-stop.

As with a previous thread, it's more common when playing Diablo 3 but has been happening long before this. Please please please please help! I use computers a lot but am not too techy.

Sometimes (e.g. during evenings) it will happen with much less frequency, I was able to play D3 several hours without incident yesterday. I'm not sure if that's important. The inside of my computer has also not been cleaned out in like... forever.

I've also attached dxdiag in case it helps. Thank you in advance.

*edit* pre-format (sorry, dump files were not backed up) I had various kinds of BSOD which included ones which said something like 'device_irq_not_equal' and 'memory_management'

Attachments

• 060512-19484-01.dmp
    268.1 KB · Views: 246
  • 060512-39499-01.dmp
    268.1 KB · Views: 239
  • DxDiag.txt
    29.4 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
I just opened up my computer and unclogged all the dust.

Computer has rebooted itself 3x in the last 10 minutes :(

I just opened up my computer and unclogged all the dust.

Computer has rebooted itself 3x in the last 10 minutes :(

I had the same problem and I found out that one of my memory stick is bad at a particular address. Try reinstall the memory sticks and run memtest86+ to ensure your memory stick is ok.

+1 about memtest86+
also check if there's a newer version of the NEC USB 3.0 Host Controller driver.

Back