Windows 10 10122- usoclient.exe - Anyone know what this is?

Thanks, I appreciate the information. I found your list under the UpdateOrchestrator section. But I don't show the USO_RebootDisplay which you show with an error or the USO_WinfDisplay. But I do show the same indications on the Resume On Boot.

I wonder what would happen of the Resume On Boot task was enabled?

Edit: Enabling it doesn't seem to help. I got another "We could not finish installing" message and I now show 1 "Restart to finish" and 3 or 4 "Failed to Install" designations.

Last edited:
I think the updates saying they still need a restart are probably installed. If I look under uninstall in control panel they are all there ...

se67b4.jpg

So I think Installed Updates in Windows Update in the new settings app gives incorrect return codes which is why it says they still need a restart. They don't I believe.

Only update missing is for me is "Update for Windows 10 Insider Preview June Update for x64-based Systems (KB3070677)" which Windows Update gives an error of 0x80004005 which usually means access denied (i think).

I get this popup every time I start my computer. My PC is up to date and isnt showing any unfinished updates or restarts being required. Any ideas how to stop it showing the command window?

I get this popup every time I start my computer. My PC is up to date and isnt showing any unfinished updates or restarts being required. Any ideas how to stop it showing the command window?
I think you will find that the command window you mention is Microsoft's Update command checking for updates. I used to see it but now I don't get that popup anymore. HTH.

I've established what it is from the rest of this thread but it shouldn't be popping up like that. It's been doing it for months on the insider builds and the rtm build and the new insider builds. Must be a way to stop it.

Back