Windows 7 12/14/2011 - Windows 7 updates not configuring

johnbruin

Last night while bring windows 7 home premium down it indicate 16 upgrades. The system appears to load the upgrades and the computer shut down. This morning I turned on the computer and I get to the screen "Preparing to configure Windows. Do not turn off your computer." It has been stuck here for over an hour. How long do I let it go before I turn it off?

Thanks

The only time I have seen it take a long time to do the updates such as the current ones is when I was running an Anti-virus/Internet Security software that was blocking the boot portion of the install. If this is the case, the time might vary quite a bit, if it succeeds.

If you are running one, after you get back in your system, you might try turning off everything you have to get the updates to work.

Thanks, for the reply, I actually was just able to fix it. I finally got tired of waiting so I turned the computer off. On reboot it allowed me to start up in safe mode and then it actually indicated that updates had failed and reverted back. At that point I went in and loaded each update one by one and each one loaded, so I don't know which one hung up the computer but I'm now up to date.

i had the same problem this morning. I also restarted the pc, save mode, restart and updated
pc step per step. problem is now solved!
I have a virus scanner, and in the save mode i switched off the rootscan!
thanx

Back