Windows 10 13.4 minutes for boot time and restart time

offhand … i suspect runtime-broker (manages app* permissions) could be the instigator … should be using only a handful of megabytes … your one process (runtime-broker (pid-78)) is using 3.5gb … seems to be within the private-sect. and, since i do not have pid-76 listed within my process-explorer … i cannot offer any further remediation.

quick check on google yields a myriad of results … with regard to runtime-broker slamming one's system.
" … found the fix (at least for me) by going to Settings -> System -> Notifications & actions and unselecting "Show me tips about Windows." It immediately fixed the processor usage when I disabled it, and immediately ... "

ref:
google "runtime-broker" without the quotes.
* microsoft-store apps

feel free to view my screen-cap below:
Image1.png

Last edited:
was having issues with regard to copy/paste … so i wish to append my above reply with this short addendum:

the above spoiler-link is included with the google i suggested earlier … and i have my "show-tips" disabled … thanks.

pnamajck those numbers are not the amount of memory. Memory is to the left and cut off in the screen shot. That 3.5 million number is most likely the Read IO number which depending how long the computer has been running for may not be unusual.

Dang, i thoight i was onto something. Still has high usuage and its driving me nuts Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Autodesk and Adobe are both fine in off mode... I would also disable the Google cloud photo backup as thats just pointless and turn Catalyst back on

Ok, so what am i looking for in procmon? Here is something interesting. I rebooted about an hour ago and it was pretty quick. I was shocked. I then noticed i was running off of battery. Well, about an hour later i plugged in the laptop. At some point in time, some error happened and i jad to hold power button in to force a shutdown. I then let it sit for about 20 minutes. I then turned back on and it went way slow. Does the battery charger have anything to do with it? Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Now we are looking for a boot problem and high disks loads and a battery problem? That makes it extremely difficult.
Try isolating one problem and stick to that.

Boot problem
You could try booting up in save mode, so you won't be hindered by cloud - and other services.
Than I would suggest installing all W10 drivers from the HP support site, and so minimizing the possibility of a driver problem.
Reboot still in save mode. If the boot problem still exists, rerun the tests of Neemobeer answer #3

Disk loads
You could try creating a new account. Log on to that account and see what happens with the disk load. If it is still high you have a Windows problem, but if it is low it is one of your processes.

That is all I can think of, hope it helps a little bit.

Bochane, i will try that out, but first. I am going to restart with out power cable pluged in and see what happens. I will try it a few times and then reboot with power cable in. Also, i have procmon with bootlogging on. What do people want me to do with that? Thanks Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom