Windows 7 1394 Firewire Direct Connection

Warlax

Honorable Member
Hi Guys,

Windows 7 rules so far... I have one tiny problem left to solve...
Before win 7 I had windows XP, using a firewire cable (1394 connection) I managed to create a direct link to my MacBook Pro laptop that's on my desk - I used this as a guide. Everything was great, I could copy files back and forth and especially liked that I could setup synergy to use my PC's mouse/keyboard to control the mac... all was good.

Now, I'm trying to do the same for Win 7 but I can't find any reference to the famous 1394 connection... how can I set it up? In the device manager I can clearly see that my 'Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller' is properly working - but that's the only reference I have to it.

It would have been nice if I could just follow the above page's instructions and "In Control Panel, go to Network Connections. You will see a "1394 Connection."" --- but it isn't so...

Help!
Thanks.

So after doing some research I found out that Microsoft pulled out the 1394 connection feature from Vista - is there a workaround?

Last edited:
Re: I have the same problem

Yep. I have the same problem. I want to connect my Windows machine (running Windows 7) with my Intel MacBook 10.3 OSX with a 1394 FireWire cable. The Windows-machine has the 4pin, the MacBook has 6pin. Let me know if anyone get this up and running.

Re: I have the same problem

On December 4, 2004, Microsoft announced that it would discontinue support for IP networking over the FireWire interface in all future versions of Microsoft Windows. Consequently, support for this feature is absent from Windows Vista and later Windows releases. Microsoft rewrote their 1394 driver in Windows 7 but networking support for FireWire is not present. Unibrain offers free FireWire networking drivers for Windows called ubCore which support Windows Vista and later versions.

SOURCE: IEEE 1394 interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LINK: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Back