Windows 8 1st time SLI user help needed.

brkkab

Excellent Member
On Tuesday or Wednesday, I'm adding a 2nd MSI N760 TF 2GD5OC video card to my pc. I'm new to SLI and was wondering if my Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0's uefi would recognize the the 2nd video card automatically or not ? I have the most recent UEFI version already installed. I already know about making sure it's enabled in NVidia's software in Windows 8.1.

Yes....The process is exactly the same as a single card. After the card is physically installed and the SLI bridge is attached, get the latest driver for it....it should be different as it's now in SLI mode. The driver should have a reference to SLI when you download it.

Are you (over clocking) OC'ing? If you are what are you OC'ing? Personally I don't have any experience with UEFI, but it should work like the legacy BIOS and see it.

If you are referring to the Windows Secure Boot capability, the card needs to have a UEFI bios. I checked the page and did not see anything mentioned, so you might check your paperwork.

If it doesn't work, you will be put back into the bios. On my ASUS board, the bios will be changed when it does that to enable the CSM, which will allow you to boot. If the card does not currently have Secure Boot compatibility, there may be a way to update the firmware to allow it.

***SOLVED*** Video card was installed about 2 hours ago. SLI is working. I did a clean install of Windows 8.1, as my documents, pictures and videos all disappeared. My external hd stopped working, too. It's going back to Seagate, as it's still under warranty. Ran 3DMark Advanced and with sli, it scored about 2600 points higher. Redownloading/installing my games now.

Back
Top Bottom