Windows 7 2 Windows 7 Professional Debug Problems

nikos

Hi people,Congratulations for the great supporting job you're doing,

I just installed Windows 7 SP1 Professional debug/checked build (by mistake) from the university site. I have 2 major problems.
1. I can't install any program. An error comes out when I try to install mse or winrar. I activated the Windows from Computer-Properties, providing the product key, but the errors keep coming about validation and stuff like that.
2. My internet connection went too slow since the new operating system has been installed. I suppose this is because of the activation problem or because of the debug version. What can I do about it?

Thanks ,
Nick

Hi nikos,

the version of windows you've installed is primarily for developers and has a lot of the normal optimisations removed. This also means the os is a lot slower than the conventional operating system. I strongly suggest you re-install using the normal Windows 7SP1 Professional.

Is there a way to change a setting in the BCD store to remove a debug startup. Since I have never used that option, I am not sure how it might act.

Perhaps you could open an administrative command prompt and type BCDEDIT to see what the store has and then right click and select mark then select all the text and hit enter. Then paste it into a notepad file and attach using the paperclip or in the post itself. I would be looking for something that mentions debug.

Just wondering, probably just the wrong version...

Dear Saltgrass,
I did what you told me. Here is the result:

Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier {bootmgr}
device partition=C:
description Windows Boot Manager
locale en-US
inherit {globalsettings}
default {current}
resumeobject {0f0b4f0e-6c11-11e1-9211-e3a59549ffaa}
displayorder {current}
toolsdisplayorder {memdiag}
timeout 30

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier {current}
device partition=C:
path \Windows\system32\winload.exe
description Windows 7
locale en-US
inherit {bootloadersettings}
recoverysequence {0f0b4f10-6c11-11e1-9211-e3a59549ffaa}
recoveryenabled Yes
osdevice partition=C:
systemroot \Windows
resumeobject {0f0b4f0e-6c11-11e1-9211-e3a59549ffaa}
nx OptIn

Dear kemical, do you know if I can install windows 7 sp1 professional with the same product key I did with debug/checked?

Thanks.

Dear kemical, do you know if I can install windows 7 sp1 professional with the same product key I did with debug/checked?

Please see private message.

Back