Windows 7 2 windows open on one screen

Loulou

I am still pretty ignorant at using Windows 7 features. I was under the impression that Windows 7 allows the user to have 2 different windows open on the desktop and can work from one to the other like with Apple...so far I haven't found the way to do it....Did I dream that up???:confused:

Could you be a little more specific about what you are trying to do?

Hi

It's called Flip.

Just grab the Top of a page and drag it by holding down the left mouse button until the cursor hits the edge of the screen.

The window will format to half the screen.

Grab the second window and drag it to the other side of the screen and it will format to fit the other half of the screen.

You can then drag things back and forth.

I.e you can drag text or shortcuts from you browser to Word, or from Word back to your browser like this forum window.

If you grab the top of a window that is not full screen and drag it to the top it will format to full screen.

Mike

Link Removed due to 404 Error

loulou;
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Actually the Windows 7 "Snap" feature works pretty cool, but additionally you still have all the previous options for arranging windows that were available in previous versions.
Dragging top/bottom edges or side edges or corners for resizing as well as right clicking the task bar and choosing show windows stacked, show windows side by side, and cascade.
You may also want to look at the Shake and Peek features as well.
Hope this helps.
Randy

Back