Windows 7 3 efficient ways to Fix IE9 Crashes

I am running Windows 7 x64. The regular version of IE9 beta crashed for me just like you. However, if I ran the 64-bit version instead of the 32-bit everything works perfect.
This isn't going to work for you. However, it may work for other people

Strange one here... since you can't run the 32-bit version in 64-bit Windows and vice-versa.

I only had one crash on IE9 beta and tht was on a website, when my AVG 9.0 tool bar checker kicked in on that site due to a online drive by download. otherwise 32bit and 64bit versions of IE9 beta on windows 7 haven't crashed. Depends on your computer, hardware and programs. I say differrent results for everyone in this Beta. Oh I can't log into some banking sites with IE9 beta.

Strange one here... since you can't run the 32-bit version in 64-bit Windows and vice-versa.

That's incorrect. You can't run 64-bit IE on a 32-bit OS but you can most certainly run either the 32-bit or 64-bit versions of IE on a 64-bit OS.

That's incorrect. You can't run 64-bit IE on a 32-bit OS but you can most certainly run either the 32-bit or 64-bit versions of IE on a 64-bit OS.

Resurrecting a rather old thread, but yes, correct, formost hardware.

Last edited:
Back